Separate notification and ringtone volumes

joshdills89

May 30, 2020
Visit site
I've scoured the internet for a way to do this, and haven't found anything yet. I want to be able to set separate volume levels for notifications (texts, fb messages, email, etc) and my ringer. I have a custom Do Not Disturb profile made, but would rather have the option of separate volumes. So far what I've read online is this isn't possible without a custom ROM. I have 0 experience with custom ROM's and don't want to mess up my new phone. I just want this feature. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Tia

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
There are 3rd party apps that claim to be able to do this...but they do not work. This is the fault of Google! They combined the two volumes as one a few OS's back (can't remember which one). I also wish I could separate the two. The only solution that I have found...which takes a little work...is to use an app to either create new ringtones/notification tones, and then lower the volume of the ones you are concerned about to 50% of normal. That way you can have a ring tone at reference volume (whatever you like) and have a notification tone play at a lower volume automatically...these are just examples. You can also manipulate preexisting tones the same way.
This is the one I use. Works great!
https://nowsmart-cut.en.softonic.com/?ex=THD-324.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d