SetCPU in Tbolt

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know it's free at xda but I just purchased setCPU from market. I've read such good things about it I figured it is well worth 2 bucks.

Anyway I've got a tbolt running bamf 1.0.9 cubed.

Any suggestions about what would be the best settings? I'm at low of 368 and high of 1 ghz currently on stock rom.

Should I set some special profile?

Thanks!

Last edited:

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I know it's free here but I just purchased setCPU from market. I've read such good things about it I figured it is well worth 2 bucks.

Anyway I've got a tbolt running bamf 1.0.9 cubed.

Any suggestions about what would be the best settings? I'm at low of 368 and high of 1 ghz currently on stock rom.

Should I set some special profile?

Thanks!

If I am not mistaken, there is a CPU setting within BAMF and you didn't need to buy that one

368 seems to be ok. Try kicking it up a little....test it.....kick it a little more.....test it!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The next setting after 368 in bamf is 754. Isn't that too high for a low?

I actually meant to post this thread in xda but I've already created it so i'll be interested in ideas here too. Setcpu allows special profiles. Is it worth setting one up?

Last edited:

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
BAMF Forever 1.0.9
Kernal - Test 3+
OEM extended battery

368min to 1.4max

Works very well for me. Battery life has improved a lot. My first charge running the batt calibration yielded 2d 20h 56m 22s @ 2% remaining. This is with lighter usage than my normal daily routine.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I set a couple of custom profiles up to help battery life, one when charging and the other when the screen is off then I just under clock the high since I'm not using when either it's charging or screen is off.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I set a couple of custom profiles up to help battery life, one when charging and the other when the screen is off then I just under clock the high since I'm not using when either it's charging or screen is off.

I just used the new bamf kernel to overclock to 1.28. I'll see how it goes before going to 1.4

Will setcpu retain settings if I don't check apply on boot?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The next setting after 368 in bamf is 754. Isn't that too high for a low?

I actually meant to post this thread in xda but I've already created it so i'll be interested in ideas here too. Setcpu allows special profiles. Is it worth setting one up?

Hello again!

My "standard" settings are as previously mentioned, 368 to 1.28, smoothass gov.

I also have profiles set to lower the max CPU back down to 1024 when the screen is off, and to switch to the conservative governor with when the battery gets low.

I don't think 754 is "too high" for a min setting, but your battery life may take a hit.

I also don't think SetCPU is a bad investment at all, even with many ROMs offering CPU settings builtin. The use of profiles is great, and allows more control. Also, if you switch to ROM that doesn't have builtin CPU settings, you already have SetCPU and know how to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha