Setting up an account for my daughter, limiting access?

nexus7man

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
My daughter is three, how can I set up an account and limit her access?
For instance a second account on a Nexus still has access to all the apps that shipped with the unit.
All I want her account to have access to is the gallery, music, video and some apps that I have downloaded.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aow1980

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend just buying her the Nabi 2 tablet. It is designed for kids and can take the punishment. I've got one for both my girls.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend downloading the app called Kid Zone.

It automatically puts age appropriate content on there and locks down the tablet. You can install other apps (like puzzles, etc) and approve them in the Kid Zone app and it will let her play anything that you approve. I do it for my 2 year old and she loves playing with it and I don't have to worry about her messing up anything.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You could always just use a custom launcher on her profile and use that to lock down what she sees. You can limit it to one screen, with all of the apps you want her to use there. Additionally, you can either hide the app drawer, or hide apps in the app drawer that you do not want her to have access to. Disable wi-fi on her profile, and you should be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder