Shortcut for checking running apps or processes?

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I realize its probably silly or lazy but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a shortcut to see running apps instead of going to settings. 3 or 4 steps to check running apps is exhausting ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
there is a shortcut settings widget built in ICS, you can set it for apps. still have to click running when open. but it will save you a click or two.

Reactions: chriscw81

courtneyeggel

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Pull your notification bar down go to quick settings that's the task manager just check off what you want to shut down

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
i used to use watchdog with my old LG, i'll have to try it's widget. i didnt even realize you could make a shortcut to "apps". thanks guys.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i may have to give in and change my launcher too. i've been so happy with the stock ICS launcher i havent thought about it much.

I was likewise avoiding a launcher all this time, but recently purchased it so I could backup during upgrade on the wife's.

Shortcut to voice search, thank goodness. And then there is more. Worth it, imo. It's all just gravy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dennis garber

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have read this thread 2 times, & I still have no idea how to do this. What is watchdog I have installed two different watch dogs and I do not see any widget for this. Also I am on Android 4.4 which is not ICS I believe. Unfortunately my Android OS is taking about 40 percent of my battery life each day.. It is impossible to get more than about 7 hours in mixed use on a Moto X phone. I need the ability to kill these services without constantly having to dig through many sub menus. Do they not realize that these services resurrect themselves every couple hours?. It's ridiculous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44