Should I buy a Bionic?

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to buy a new Bionic. What is the latest on unlocking the Bionic Bootloader?? More Important, how is this phone after the latest OTA Update from Verizon?? I had seen many different posts of people complaining about the Bionic having serious problems staying on the 4G Network and other related data issues. Have these issues been repaired by the latest OTA update??
Thanks for any help,
Vinny

highbar81

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any of the major problems with mine from the get go and since the update it's been smooth as can be. By none of the major problems I mean that I had the error when installing apps to my SD card and what not but none of the connection issues. So in short I say yes go get one.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
All 4G phones are going to have intermittent disconnecting issues, Verizon's network is still very young. Everything works just fine for me, I don't have any major issues, and it's a great phone, fast, reliable most of the time (since when is any smartphone going to be reliable all the time?), and it's the best smartphone you can buy for $200.

hiono

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Every morning when I wake up I have No data and have to airplane mode it twice to get it back and I run it only on 3g No 4g anytime soon where I'm stuck for the next few years, other then that I love it

Edit: now that I think of it I might have some kind of night time mode set up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Great phone but.....

Data still intermittent, camera even after the update is mediocre.
My X2 had a far better camera (why would they change???).

Would I do it again? No, my X2 was far more consistent in spite of it being only 3G.

Manofsteel927

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Seattle, phone has potential but for me the battery issues and data dropping has really stopped me from loving this phone. Keep praying that each new update will be the one to put me over the top with the bionic

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The phone has such great potential, the hardware is top shelf, it is a great looking device and feels good in the hand, too bad about all the connection problems. I was hoping this latest update (5.9.901) would resolve all the connection and camera problems. I have the Thunderbolt, S-Off and rooted of course running a custom rom based off of the latest updates and I have no problems with this phone. Why do I want a new phone, I like to change to the latest and greatest all the time, I thought the Bionic would be a steal, you can buy a new Bionic off Craigslist for short money, I'll probably pick up the new Nexus or the Droid Razr, love the hardware on the Razr and it has the sd card which the Nexus doesn't. Thinking ICS on the Droid Razr would be a great phone. ICS would also help with battery issues. Thanks for all the input.

Vinny

kleinemaus19

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
me and hubby have the Bionic and we love it. Since we live in a large city ( Washington DC) I have pretty much everywhere 4g signal and we have no problems with signal dropping or dropped phone calls.

Traveled to some bigger cities like Atlanta, Nashville and haven't had any problems there ether.

I say go for it! its only $50 right now at Target.com

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic is a great phone which has sadly become lost in the marketing blitz that is the RAZR, and for many of us the removable battery make it a better choice. No complaints about mine, great device. :)

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Bionic has been great after the latest couple updates, it runs perfect.
I am pretty perturbed that most developers have forgotten about us though. Thankfully we still have eclipse, which is a fantastic ROM, and hopefully Ics ROM is still being worked on...cuz this is one of better 4g devices imo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds