Should I get the Google Pixel 2XL or iPhone 8 Plus?

anon(10000748)

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Oh god, don't get the iPhone 8 Plus. That phone shouldn't even exist. The only thing its got going for it is battery life (vs the X) and that's it.

With that being said, I have both the iPhone X and the panda Pixel 2 XL and I'd go with the Pixel 2 XL any day of the week. The camera is better. The software is better. And it costs less than the 8 Plus.
I actually have both the iPhone x and the pixel 2 xl. Granted I just got the pixel today but I still like the iPhone x just a little better. The pixel so far seems to be a great phone though. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either as long as they are getting the vanilla version of Android or using iOS.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 XL panda for personal and an iPhone 8 Plus for work.

As far as hardware, quality and build, I think the iPhone is quite a bit ahead of the Pixel 2 XL. As you said OP, never had to RMA a device, Apple seem to have extremely high QC standards, I feel Google's QC standard is lower.

Software and camera, I like the Pixel 2 XL more than the iPhone. To me, the Pixel 2 has a noticeably better camera and has portrait mode selfies with the bokeh effect.

Google currently doesn't have anything that competes with iMessage, and yeah it does suck, but that will supposedly be fixed in the next 12 months with RCS.

Looks like you've decided to go with the P2XL. Hope you like your decision.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 XL panda for personal and an iPhone 8 Plus for work.

As far as hardware, quality and build, I think the iPhone is quite a bit ahead of the Pixel 2 XL. As you said OP, never had to RMA a device, Apple seem to have extremely high QC standards, I feel Google's QC standard is lower.

Software and camera, I like the Pixel 2 XL more than the iPhone. To me, the Pixel 2 has a noticeably better camera and has portrait mode selfies with the bokeh effect.

Google currently doesn't have anything that competes with iMessage, and yeah it does suck, but that will supposedly be fixed in the next 12 months with RCS.

Looks like you've decided to go with the P2XL. Hope you like your decision.

I totally agree with everything you said.