Show us your pics here!

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
THats the SanJuan mtn range se of Pueblo,Co. . I will be up towards Steamboat springs tomorrow, should get some awesome pics !

Really nice picture, but with all due respect, the San Juans are to the west not east from Pueblo, Co.. Looking forward to the Steamboat Springs pictures! Beautiful country in the winter.
:)

Last edited:

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
If anyone is interested there is a working GCam port for the S21 Ultra Snapdragon model. See Beserker15's post on page 1 (XDA) of the thread. You have to load his test .xml file in the Configs7 folder. Just downloaded and installed and it works.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s21-gcam-ports.4218465/

Sweet, i hope its Stabil . Unfortunately i didnt get up to Steamboat today to get some pics . :( MAybe next time .

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Sweet, i hope its Stabil . Unfortunately i didnt get up to Steamboat today to get some pics . :( MAybe next time .

I got it working good now. I found the Config file Wichaya_S21U on this page (about half way down) works better than the .xml file I mentioned which occasionally froze the app. So you want the Wichaya port 7.3.018 and corresponding .xml file here:

https://www.ytechb.com/download-google-camera-for-samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra/

I took about a dozen test pictures which look good and will take more tomorrow.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Let's see how this comes out. Nora the younger black and white one has a sister Nelly she's not around. Lexi just turned 14 on Sunday.

Why do they come out sideways? Isn't the app on my phone.

Attachments

• 8932.jpg
    8932.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 15

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Taking this morning the Huskies were going crazy they were plenty of bunny tracks all around
c737894ada38c7bbe67f79fb1a7476e6.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Let's see how this comes out. Nora the younger black and white one has a sister Nelly she's not around. Lexi just turned 14 on Sunday.

Why do they come out sideways? Isn't the app on my phone.

Adorable babies! Happy fourteenth birthday to Lexi! I love that name!

I find that the AC Forums App will upload pictures more effectively than the Android Central app.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd post a few photos that I took today. Nothing special just some snaps of my parrot

These started out as are RAW .dng files which were loaded into Lightroom to apply sharpness and some color/exposure correction. I'm not a pro and even with my DSLR with some very expensive glass I typically touch any photo that I'm going to show.

For those not familiar with Raw files these photo's are just as they came off the sensor without any of the camera's photo enhancement processing. The reason for shooting with RAW turned on is that the resultant photo's allow the photographer a much wider range of editing ability because all the data is still in the file. With a jpg file the camera, be it a phone or DSLR, has corrupted that data by processing it and compressing it so a lot of the detail that you might need to correct exposure as an example has been lost and is no longer in the jpg. In the first two photos below, if I didn't have the RAW file I would not have been able to restore the detail in the white, blown out background in the jpg...or the feather detail in her white crown that you see in the crop.

Here's are some .dng(raw) pics which have been slightly edited in Lightroom and exported to jpg. They we're shot at 1/60s,iso 320, f1.8 and we're overexposed. The head shots are crops of files in this set so that you can see the detail. The second pic is actually the jpg file of the first pic, unedited right off the camera. By no means are these as sharp as I would get with a piece of $1500 glass on my DSLR but they are pretty good.

NikeS21--February 20, 2021-1s.jpg

Below is the over exposed jpg from the above image that is un-edited right off the camera

20210220_135942.jpg
NikeS21--February 20, 2021-1crop.jpg
NikeS21--February 20, 2021-4s.jpg
NikeS21--February 20, 2021-4crop.jpg
NikeS21--February 20, 2021-6s.jpg

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd post a few photos that I took today. Nothing special just some snaps of my parrot

These started out as are RAW .dng files which were loaded into Lightroom to apply sharpness and some color/exposure correction. I'm not a pro and even with my DSLR with some very expensive glass I typically touch any photo that I'm going to show.

For those not familiar with Raw files these photo's are just as they came off the sensor without any of the camera's photo enhancement processing. The reason for shooting with RAW turned on is that the resultant photo's allow the photographer a much wider range of editing ability because all the data is still in the file. With a jpg file the camera, be it a phone or DSLR, has corrupted that data by processing it and compressing it so a lot of the detail that you might need to correct exposure as an example has been lost and is no longer in the jpg.

Here's are some .dng(raw) pics which have been slightly edited in Lightroom and exported to jpg. They we're shot at 1/60s,iso 320, f1.8 and we're overexposed. The head shots are crops of files in this set so that you can see the detail. By no means are these as sharp as I would get with a piece of $1500 glass on my DSLR but they are pretty good.

View attachment 332041
View attachment 332042
View attachment 332043
View attachment 332044
View attachment 332045

What clarity and detail in his colouring and in his eyes! Love these photos!

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What clarity and detail in his colouring and in his eyes! Love these photos!

Thanks. Every picture I take of a living creature is focused on an eye. It's pretty tough to do with a phone camera and I usually discard any pic with the eyes out of focus. These aren't great but they are acceptable.

Bill
-----
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g (VZW), Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Watch3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil