Sideloading Apps on GS2

sharmas7

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello people,

I recently got a GS2 (GT-I9100) and found out about AndroidCentral's Sideload Wonder Machine. and I'm having problems with it.

My phone is Set to USB Debugging, I plugged it in, Have the proper drivers installed, not able to open the SD card Slot in "My Computer" (as should be), Don't have any apps such as WinAmp installed but when I Chose the .apk file and try to install it the DOS shows "device not found". So there is definitely something I am doing wrong.

as for the USB Driver, I did a quick search for GT-I9100 usb driver and got a link to kies_2.0.0.11041 from nodevice.com. I am guessing that is the correct one.

Really hoping you guys can help me out as I just download a ton of apps for Android and want to get crackin' on 'em soon !

Thanks !!

sharmas7

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
there is no restriction on sideloading on the SGS2 and you should not be using Sideload machine. Just enable unknown apps from the market.

Wow! Jeez! I wish I had known that sooner, it would have saved me some embarassment and saved you the time it took you to reply :p :)

All part of the learning process i guess ! gotta admit this is my first Droid and its the best fone I have had so far !! The amazing high-rez screen and the crazy processor does help too !!

It works! Cheers for the help bro !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostbytes