Since Root new photos showing up...

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I recently rooted my phone with Cyanogen and loving it! My only problem is now my new gallery is showing photos on my phone that I deleted long ago :mad:. I click on the photo(s) in the gallery and it lets me view the details but not the file path to where it is. Since I don't know where the file is I can't specify in my file explorer where to go find it. I hard connected to my computer and ran a search on both drives(SD and phone storage) for those images and nothing came back. Any ideas?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would be happy to have back some deleted pics of mine. Lol.

Just delete the ones you don't need anymore.

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL, that's the thing when i go view them in the Cyanogen "gallery" there is no option to delete and since I don't know the filepath of where they are stored I can't delete them there either.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Im guessing those are just thumnails of the picture. I remember quite some time ago there was a news story about htc hiding information in the android operating system like thumb nails for web pages.

In windows I would show hidden folders and you should be able to see it. If you need help on getting windows to show the folders, just say some thing.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah because if i import pics from my fone yo my computer webpages and games and videos would show up in foldrrs

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Bigk, when I did my search through windows yesterday I check the box to show hidden folders and I still couldn't find it. I even checked every single folder on my SD and still couldn't find them. As I said when I click on the folder through my gallery on the phone and check details it won't give me the file path but it does give me the name. I searched for the name of that file and still couldn't find it. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Bigk, when I did my search through windows yesterday I check the box to show hidden folders and I still couldn't find it. I even checked every single folder on my SD and still couldn't find them. As I said when I click on the folder through my gallery on the phone and check details it won't give me the file path but it does give me the name. I searched for the name of that file and still couldn't find it. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
format your SD? you could put everything on your computer and format your SD then import what you want back onto it maybe that would get rid of the unwanted pics?

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I really appreciate your input I will try and format the SD today when I have some time. It's not that important just annoying to see photos there that shouldn't be. I ordered a 16GB SD card that I will be transferring everything over to and I'm hoping they aren't there when I swap it out.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If your wanting to save the pictures I do recall there is software to "see" these photos when you deleted them originally. Typically this software is used for when you accidentally format your SD card on your digital camera. It might give you the option to see the photos or at the very least let you see the path to the photos.

Nothing comes to mind at the moment as for software. Cant remember. :/

If your not wanting to save the photos, I would just back up your data and format the card completely.

Did you check the internal memory? (You probably did, I just figured I would throw that out there.)

Last edited:

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Ive seen it happen. +1 to clearing cache and sometimes you need to go into file manager and delete the thumbnail files. Then the gallery will make new thumbnails with what you really have.