Smart Stay and S Voice on older models?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone thinks/knows if these two features could be ported on GSII smartphones? I'd really love to have Smart stay feature on my skyrocket. Seems like a very useful implementation

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
it will probably get there eventually, but the fist thing that needs to happen is a system dump of the SGSIII so the devs can work their magic and that might take awhile (2 weeks).

If it can be ported over, it will...just because someone will want the challenge to see if it can be done

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd actually much prefer to have Smart Stay. I don't see myself using S Voice. besides, there was a poll on some techblog lately (i think imore.com) about how many people actually use Siri. turned out not that many... majority of iphone owners don't use it.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see Smart Stay and S Voice working on say the Galaxy S II. Hopefully Samsung wont be jerks like Apple was and make those features exclusive to the Galaxy S III

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see Smart Stay and S Voice working on say the Galaxy S II. Hopefully Samsung wont be jerks like Apple was and make those features exclusive to the Galaxy S III

Here is what I can see happening, and this is to get you to buy another phone of course.

Some phones will be upgraded to TW4 and they will get all the goodies. Some phones will not get W4, but some ed hybrid when them move up an OS. Sammy will say "memory constraints prohibit putting this or that on, but we can give you this other thing"

Devs will pull the stuff out and load it into their ROMs anyway. Problem solved.

Same thing is sorta happening with my phone. Everything I read says that they are not going to Sense 4 when we get ICS in a few days, but Sense 3.6. The devs already have most of the S4 features built into the ICS leaks we have had.

I don't care how they get on there, just as long as I can get them...

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I dont think they will allow it except on the s3, these new features make the phone stand out from the previous one... same reason why siri is not on the iphone 4 and only 4s to get you to buy the incremental upgrade..

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think they will allow it except on the s3, these new features make the phone stand out from the previous one... same reason why siri is not on the iphone 4 and only 4s to get you to buy the incremental upgrade..
I have a same feeling too. However with the help of xda devs. we might actually see at least the Smart stay. Android OS is move versatile than iOS I don't think it will be that challenging to port it. The S Voice on the other hand might be complicated as it requires connection to Samsung servers like Siri