SMS Drafts Wont Go Away!!!

verizonjolly

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
So for whatever reason a select few of my SMS threads create drafts by themselves. After I've sent a message, sometimes a draft is created with just the letter A or a smiley face. I delete the letter and press the back button and the draft goes away but it always returns after a few minutes. Bottom line, I can't seem to get rid of these drafts which are created by themselves. I delete it comes back, I delete it comes back, its so annoying having that red draft next to 6 out of 30 of my threads. Anybody else had this problem or no how to solve it??

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Yea I had been having this issue on my Nexus S 4G as soon as I flashed ICS on it. Very annoying. I think I might have seen it once or twice on my GNex so far, but can't say for sure. Hope they fix it

TitanicusRex

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So for whatever reason a select few of my SMS threads create drafts by themselves. After I've sent a message, sometimes a draft is created with just the letter A or a smiley face. I delete the letter and press the back button and the draft goes away but it always returns after a few minutes. Bottom line, I can't seem to get rid of these drafts which are created by themselves. I delete it comes back, I delete it comes back, its so annoying having that red draft next to 6 out of 30 of my threads. Anybody else had this problem or no how to solve it??

Are you using stock messaging or another application such as handcent?

I am curious since I've seen the same bug and thought it was a handcent bug. But sounding more like an ics thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mnbvcxz358

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm running stock and have had the same thing happen. The only way I was able to get rid of the draft returning was to delete that particular message thread.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue. I keep getting a draft message that keeps coming back unless I send the message.

verizonjolly

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the stock messaging app. I know that it goes away after sending the draft but wth, the draft should be able to be deleted without resending, and the draft shouldn't be there in the first place. It's so strange cuz a draft just randomly appears even when nothing has been touched, I dont get it but yes it's obviously an ICS issue from what u guys have been saying. Guess I'm kinda glad it's not just me.

jurbin

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you using stock messaging or another application such as handcent?

I am curious since I've seen the same bug and thought it was a handcent bug. But sounding more like an ics thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I am having the same issue as everyone else and am just using the basic sms thats comes with the OS

Dracolis

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Try going to the Handcent home screen where it lists all of your threads. Hit the option key on your phone to bring up the menu options. Click "More", and then click Drafts. It will show a list of all of your drafts. Long click on them and delete.

It won't stop them from being created, but it will at least let you clean them up when it happens. The same thing happened to me and this fixed it.

sangandongo

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
@Dracolis: This works, but the stupid thing is that all of the "drafts" were empty. I get this bug on occasion when I start typing a message and then decide later that I don't want to send it.

Tim Walker2

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I hate this crap too. I always goto the message with drafts and hit the backspace.... I have never had this not work!! It seems like when you open a message it automatically puts a space in the reply box..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya