So, how is everyone liking their MT4G?

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah! I'm waiting for a nice desktop cradle (dock) :cool:;)
I'm with you on that one. I'd love to be able to make use of the clock/weather screen that I saw on some of the videos out there.

BTW, how's the alarm capabilities on this bad boy (again, don't get mine until the 10th)

Bills_MyT4G

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Agreed!

I am liking myTouch 4G as well, its so new the plastic is still on the front lol.
I looked at the Evo and it's screen and overall size, while it's a nice phone it's just not for me. Nor is Sprint as I have friends that have Sprint and they wish they could leave. I agree that 3.7-3.8 is the sweet spot for phone size. Personally if I want larger I'll purchase a Tab or egads (iPad).

The one bonus is the ability to make or receive a call - text over wifi. The screen is nice enough. And it run's Froyo 2.2 and is screaming fast. It can only get better going forward with Gingerbread 2.3 and beyond.

I am liking the phone alot. I have owned the Eris, Incredible and now the Mytouch 4G. I would have to agree with many reviews that would say this is the top Android phone and possibly the best phone out period. Its not perfect of course cause no phone is. I would admit that I do miss the amoled screen of the Incredible. Here are the things that stand out for me. I was at my parents house and Tmobile service is not very good there. My wife had to make a call so I remembered that this phone had wifi calling. Connected to the wireless and was able to make calls and send texts. The video chat is also awesome. My wife is pregnant and I work 12 hour rotating shifts at work. Its nice to see my wife and how she is doing visually while at work. I thought going from a 3.7 to 3.8 inch wouldnt be noticeable but it is. I think 3.8-4.0 screen is the sweet spot. For me 4.3 inch is too big. Anyways just my thought on how awesome this phone is.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have questions about rooting you should start another thread where people like myself that have successfully rooted this phone will be able to help.

Now to the original topic...I'm loving my myTouch 4G! I came from an EVO and I have to say that this phone blows the EVO away performance wise. The display is great, the battery life is great, the network (for me) is great.

So far I have no complaints.

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
After going through many different phones, I found one I truly love. The MyTouch 4G in black. It's slim, great screen (guess I got a good one), and very fast despite it not being "vanilla" Android.

Dungeon Defenders runs smooth as butter with some minor texture issues (can always be fixed with a patch down the road) and all my other apps simply scream. I almost got the G2, but I wanted a solid slate touch screen device this time around.

My last phone was a Motorola Cliq.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Loving my phone. Was very hesitant about going back to android because of the inconsistency, but it's very refreshing to see that even purchasing a device that's a year old, the phone is smooth and without a lot of glitches. I also installed MIUI and that took it to another level. The battery life is great, missed the app selection, and appreciate finally owning a device that doesn't stutter or bog down. Also, the camera is excellent. Love that the front facing camera, although vga, takes great self portrait shots and the video calling works better than on my last device. Very happy with my gift