So they haven't even started to ship any N4 yet?

Lochtide

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased it, it said your credit card will be charged the moment it is shipped. I, obviously, purchased my N4 right away, at the start of the day. Still my credit card not charged, meaning a whole day went by without shipments? Not a huge deal I guess but, I wanted to get the phone before the weekend... now I fear it will take over a week (what I originally assumed).

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased it, it said your credit card will be charged the moment it is shipped. I, obviously, purchased my N4 right away, at the start of the day. Still my credit card not charged, meaning a whole day went by without shipments? Not a huge deal I guess but, I wanted to get the phone before the weekend... now I fear it will take over a week (what I originally assumed).

My card was charged like an hour after I placed my order! It immediately was charged as pending, but then the charge went through about an hour after that. I'm on Chase.

Metalkid69

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on chase too and I got charged already.. The money is deducted from my account.. But to me that's a good thing! They HAVE TO give me my Nexus now!! HahaA. :D

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

Do you think they will ship out the phones today to lucky people who purchased the phones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

I think that they will ship out on Thursday and we won't get them until Monday they say it takes 2 days for processing that means they won't ship until then. which is total bs considering we all paid a premium for shipping and they send it via ups and they don't deliver on Saturday. I didn't expect anything different guess 4.2 on my gnex and n7 will have to tide me over:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will they ship our phones out on Wednesday?

I think that they will ship out on Thursday and we won't get them until Monday they say it takes 2 days for processing that means they won't ship until then. which is total bs considering we all paid a premium for shipping and they send it via ups and they don't deliver on Saturday. I didn't expect anything different guess 4.2 on my gnex and n7 will have to tide me over:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I'm pretty sure UPS does ship Saturday but not Sunday.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Shipping appears to be the 15th

Seems they will be shipping the orders tomorrow so probably a Friday or Monday delivery. Just got this from Google :

Thank you for your recent order placed on Google Play. Our records indicate that you have several open orders in our system. You can view them in your Google Wallet account at: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions.

We would like to confirm that you intended to place all of these orders before processing occurs. If it was not your intention and this is an error, we have three easy ways for you to cancel any unwanted orders. Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped.

Online: Orders can be canceled using our online tool. Please follow the instructions found here:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2423477

Email: We can help cancel any unwanted orders via email. Simply reply to this email with the specific order number(s) you?d like us to cancel. You can find order numbers in your Google Wallet account:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2506346

Phone: You can call us at 0800 328 6081 to chat with a support agent who will help you cancel your order.

Thanks,
The Google Play Team

? 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to provide you with important information related to your purchase from Google Play.

I expect with the amount of people (like me) who ended up with multiple orders they are saving themselves the aggravation of lots of returned items. So relax people it'll be here soon lol

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on chase too and I got charged already.. The money is deducted from my account.. But to me that's a good thing! They HAVE TO give me my Nexus now!! HahaA. :D

Sadly they can still refund the money (which is probably just a pre auth not a full charge) and not send it if there is a reason.

From what I can see the shipping is tomorrow on the 15th so I'm not expecting delivery till Monday realistically.

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone I follow on Google+ in the UK had theirs shipped yesterday, they posted a screenshot of the confirmation.

Nothing here yet, however. Mine says shipping 15th.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It says shipping date will be 15 November and that you will be notified once payment has been cleared.

It's not 15 Nov yet and payment for my phone is 'pending' with my bank, not yet cleared. I assume tomorrow I will get the shipping confirmation email.

Hopefully....

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Someone I follow on Google+ in the UK had theirs shipped yesterday, they posted a screenshot of the confirmation.

Nothing here yet, however. Mine says shipping 15th.
I'm in the UK, I know a few who have ordered (including me) and none of us have received anything yet :(

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Given the huge demand and sorting the Bullsh** charges that people tried to order this phone half a dozen times, I would not be surprised to see this actually shipping out even on a Friday. The thing is a lot of people have an assumption of credit card ordering like it's all robotic Hollywood style. The moment someone places an order, there's as little as a couple to half a dozen people handling your order - and they are handling tens of thousands of orders not just one order. That 3-5 business day that Google stated, is not a promise. What if there was a huge earthquake, hurricane, or invading Aliens? Should Google keep their promise?

There's a human being who makes sure your credit card pending charge has enough funds before actually charging, before they even charge they send out an order to the warehouse to ensure there is stock, Once there is stock it is tagged by another person who then sends out another message to the person who then charges you. After it gets charged of course then another message goes to maybe 2 other people to prepare your phone to ship out. Then of course there is another several humans handling your package before it reaches your destination.

People assume that everything is robotic and fluidic without taking the human equation, weather, gas, etc. I know this because I work in a field where I oversee all these processes and at first I thought it was too bureaucratic, but it has to be done this way because if you take one element out of that bureaucracy things get slow or missing and hazards happen. And you have to have multiple delegates to work these processes because while on the outside or the unknown, one person trying to do everything all at once.

A thing to think about some of these whiners or complainers, I bet they treat waiters/sales persons like cattle, nobodies.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Given the huge demand and sorting the Bullsh** charges that people tried to order this phone half a dozen times, I would not be surprised to see this actually shipping out even on a Friday. The thing is a lot of people have an assumption of credit card ordering like it's all robotic Hollywood style. The moment someone places an order, there's as little as a couple to half a dozen people handling your order - and they are handling tens of thousands of orders not just one order. That 3-5 business day that Google stated, is not a promise. What if there was a huge earthquake, hurricane, or invading Aliens? Should Google keep their promise?

There's a human being who makes sure your credit card pending charge has enough funds before actually charging, before they even charge they send out an order to the warehouse to ensure there is stock, Once there is stock it is tagged by another person who then sends out another message to the person who then charges you. After it gets charged of course then another message goes to maybe 2 other people to prepare your phone to ship out. Then of course there is another several humans handling your package before it reaches your destination.

People assume that everything is robotic and fluidic without taking the human equation, weather, gas, etc. I know this because I work in a field where I oversee all these processes and at first I thought it was too bureaucratic, but it has to be done this way because if you take one element out of that bureaucracy things get slow or missing and hazards happen. And you have to have multiple delegates to work these processes because while on the outside or the unknown, one person trying to do everything all at once.

A thing to think about some of these whiners or complainers, I bet they treat waiters/sales persons like cattle, nobodies.
Geez I really hope you are kidding? To charge a credit card in 2012 takes absolutely no human intervention. There are automated pick lines that can pack and ship orders with no human involved. I don't know what industry you work in but I've ACTUALLY worked on a pick system and you're completely wrong here.

Lochtide

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol, dude, if you are going to try and bash me, at least check to see if your points were correct...

Firstly, credit card orders and robotic, 100% electronic. Their computer system automatically processes and stores all the info. Secondly, any company just charges the card, they don't check for anything. My credit card could be -$5000 dollars and Google will still charge another $350 to it. It is just more money I owe my bank. Next, each box is most likely stamped and sorted by some computer system, maybe 1 or 2 people at most will be involved before it gets put into a truck and sent to my location. Of course bad weather will slow them down, but its coming from the States... how icy can the roads be right now? Its not like its freaken Siberia...

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
mine was shipped yesterday and should arrive at my London UK house this morning. that's a day earlier than I expected so well done Google Dublin!

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
mine was shipped yesterday and should arrive at my London UK house this morning. that's a day earlier than I expected so well done Google Dublin!
why can't they send everything in 1 go?
a work colleague who got his order in after me had his shipped last night, mine's still not sent yet (Leeds, UK)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41