Solved: AT&T MMS issues

kdklein

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just posed this over at CB, wanted to share here as well.

I finally solved the MMS issues I have been having. I have been having trouble receiving group texts and photos. I've seen that other people are also having the issue and it was even brought up in the last podcast.

I tried all the solutions on the Internet such as:
Using Hangouts
Not using WiFi
Rebooting the device
(I didn't wipe the device because it is only a couple weeks old and that seems ridic, I'm not going to wipe every other week)

My sister got fed up and called AT&T this morning. They told her it was a known issue and the solution is to turn off HD calling. You have to have them do it, then you do it on your phone.

We both did it this morning and we are both no longer having issues. To turn it off on your phone go to settings -> more -> cellular-> enhanced.

This has worked on at least two phones, if you are having issues give it a try.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The proble is with the phone software and it's annoying as hell. Sometimes I'm not getting text and have to use message.att.net just to see text. Then messenger will crash and nothing will send sms or mms.

Then Google play services crashes and then I have to reboot the phone. And because BlackBerry thinks that clearing cache partition is not important I can't clear out old data.

Disabling HD does not fix the issue and she be a solution. In honesty I'm starting to get irritated with this phone. I'm missing calls text cause it wants to crash and not work properly.

Priv screen goes up.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I got a new sim and still nothing. I tried to factory reset and it bricked during the encryption process. Phone is going back.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I finally solved the MMS issues I have been having. I have been having trouble receiving group texts and photos. I've seen that other people are also having the issue and it was even brought up in the last podcast.

Using Hangouts
Not using WiFi
Rebooting the device
(I didn't wipe the device because it is only a couple weeks old and that seems ridic, I'm not going to wipe every other week)

My sister got fed up and called AT&T this morning. They told her it was a known issue and the solution is to turn off HD calling. You have to have them do it, then you do it on your phone.

We both did it this morning and we are both no longer having issues. To turn it off on your phone go to settings -> more -> cellular-> enhanced.

I never had this issue, but I'm glad you found a way to fix it.

Posted from the BlackBerry Priv via the Android Central app

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the cache and data files from Google play services and so far it stopped the crashes from that and Messenger. This also may be a temporary fix as well as most of the problem arises from the play services crashes.

Priv screen goes up.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Using Hangouts
Not using WiFi
Rebooting the device

Sorry I got to this late. Is your mms issue where you are missing group texts and it shows unknown sender?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Priv.

CarGuy1368

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This is what fixed it for me. It was posted in CrackBerry, and I'm surprised that it isn't more well-known.

Open your phone dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*
A window titled "Testing" will appear.
Click on "Phone Information"
Scroll down to where it says "SMSC" and hit "Refresh"
You might have to reboot your device after this to fix the problem, but I didn't have to.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice

BBJoe2011

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Using Hangouts
Not using WiFi
Rebooting the device

Holy cow! That worked!!! Thanks a ton!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annageebee