Some Apps Not Working or Crashing on P20 Pro

amarx

May 25, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought and have been using the Huwawei P20 Pro. As a longtime iPhone user, I am actually enjoying the phone, especially the camera, very much. I also think the Android operating system has some advantages over IOS. That being said, however, I have been having problems with several apps that either don't function or have stopped working altogether. For example, the NBA app was working fine for a few days, then started crashing upon opening. After uninstalling and re-installing, it still wouldn't work. I then did a factory reset and re-installed it. It worked fine for a few days, then mysteriously started crashing again. Everyone else I know with Android phones has no problem with the app. Another app, iWatermark+ will not run properly on the phone. It opens but then doesn't function as it should. Again, i un-installed it, then re-installed it and it still wouldn't work. Again, other people I know with Android phones have no problem with iWarermark or iWatermark+. This has now led me to the conclusion that there's something wrong with the phone and not the apps. Because of this, I don't really trust using the phone. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I used to have iPhone X and I know your "pain". It has been suprising to me that apps can have that possibility to not work. For example Netflix haven't worked for me for a week. Throws some random errors on me. iOS spoiled me in a way that every app worked perfectly.
All in all, still wouldn't switch back. Camera, battery and some other stuff is just superior on this phone.

amarx

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Yes, you're so right. IOS does have a way of spoiling you. I never hear somebody saying to do a factory reset if an app doesn't work. And I don't think I've ever had an app suddenly stop working. I feel like the vetting process of apps by Apple is much better. And Apple also has the advantage of only their phones using IOS apps. There are no other phones. But I do like this phone, so I'll try and figure out a way to make it work.

amarx

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm a little new to Android so I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. I did go to settings>apps>google play services>app info and clicked on uninstall updates. When I tried doing that I got a message that said, "Uninstalling Google Play Services Unsuccessful"

I've attached two screenshots.uninstall 2.jpg

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
iOS isn't always perfect. My son and daughters iPad refuse to work with YouTube now. There is no audio. We've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Apple recommended a factory reset to see if that helps. it's not just an android thing. My iPhone X had the exact same problem with Netflix like you described. I love my p20 pro.