Sports scores?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
So I think I've done my due diligence to search the answer myself. I'm relatively new to Tizen with my Gear S3 classic. I've had a Pebble and android Wear in the past. I didn't think anything would surpass my beloved Pebble but I am so far loving it.

Only issue I see so far is limited apps. Which is okay. I don't need a phone on my wrist. BUT I would really like to be notified about games and scores as they happen. I believe there is an app for soccer but I need the NHL.

As a work around I allow notifications from Google to show my alerts but I want a feature rich experience to show the scores and allow me to scroll back to the updates.

There is a ESPN app which I was excited about but it keeps making me log in to my phone to keep the link alive so this is useless. Also there is another app called LIVE but it isn't in English.

Am I missing something?

billsterjito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I use the Score app on my phone which transfers updates on the teams I follow to my Gear S3.
Shows the score and who scored and at what time it happened in the game.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The best course of action is to find a good app for your phone, such as ESPN or the official NHL app and have turn on alerts for the scores, which can then be pushed to your phone. Depending on how in-depth you want to go there is an option where you can combine Watchmaker premium and Tasker and have a watchface that will show the the score and update at set intervals. It works pretty well but it takes a little bit of skill to get it set up.

https://plus.google.com/communities/117475363535524938119

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I did have the NHL app but for some reason the alerts weren't coming over. The ESPN one was almost perfect but it constantly lost connection and made me restart the companion app on my phone which was useless. Info have experience with Tasker so will maybe play with that idea. I noticed there is an NHL watch face. Maybe I will try using that watch face during games .

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use theScore from the Google Play Store... You can fine tune the leagues you follow and the notifications for your favorite teams... I keep it minimal so I'm not constantly pestered by notifications.

Leagues I follow
leagues.jpg

My preferences per team
specific team.jpg

Notifications Gear Manager App
gear companion.jpg

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I'll take a look at that. I've had some good luck with Sportsnet as well in the last few days. The notifications seem pretty robust and they broadcast the NHL games so I get channel info at the same time.

So still it seems like there is no working gear app for scores. That seems quite a basic gap in the app market. Hmmm now if only I knew how to develop an app :)

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll take a look at that. I've had some good luck with Sportsnet as well in the last few days. The notifications seem pretty robust and they broadcast the NHL games so I get channel info at the same time.

So still it seems like there is no working gear app for scores. That seems quite a basic gap in the app market. Hmmm now if only I knew how to develop an app :)

You technically don't need one if your watch is mirroring the score notifications from your preferred app. Unless you just want to use up un-necessary space on the watch... The notifications I described work perfectly & you get to choose what or when you want to see...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk