Sprint and Note 9 connectivity

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
With my Note 8, service with Sprint had recently been so much better. But about 3 months ago, my service took a nose dive. Dropped calls, slow data, and I would get a message saying, (network error) as well,
just in my home-town.
Anywhere else it was excellent.

However within the past 3 weeks using the Note 8 still, my service seemed to get better and better. Fast forward to upgrading to the Note 9. My connectivity with the Note 9 in my home and around my town has been on point, even faster data speeds. Whatever they, (Sprint) did, certainly improved my service. Had it not, I would of left for sure. I Still think they're going to need to merge to stay afloat, but I'll take what I can get right now.

Someone had said, it was because of various promotions which added more Sprint customers in my home area may have cause this. Sprint themselves have said there was a tower that had an issue and was being upgraded about a month ago. This may have also been part of the problem. Heard that one before 🤯.

I honestly can say, I'm a happy camper now. I'm on an old plan they don't offer no more, is why I hung in there this long.
As long as I don't jump out of this plan, I'll always have it. Saves me so much money.

Anyone else have this issue with connectivity taking a dive and now everything is fine? Just asking that's all.
Also did you notice if you upgraded to the Note 9, has connectivity improved?
Thanks

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they have any sort of special, they get more customers, meaning more traffic, meaning slower connections. Then, if they're good, they upgrade the equipment in that location and the service goes back up. Every carrier since the invention of cellphones (and I've been in the business for a long time) has had that problem.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Connectivity has definitely improved. For example in a strong area by a tower where I was getting over 100megs down I now get over 250megs down.
I was also experiencing connection issues with the Note 8 in regards to dropped calls all the time.
I have yet to experience any problems with the Note 9.
Only connection issue i've had is with a iptv service I pay for. I now have to use a vpn to receive the channel streams. However I've hear other Sprint users who own the Galaxy S9/S9+ are having the same problems so it just may be due to new hardware/antenna in the new phones. No biggie.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
If they have any sort of special, they get more customers, meaning more traffic, meaning slower connections. Then, if they're good, they upgrade the equipment in that location and the service goes back up. Every carrier since the invention of cellphones (and I've been in the business for a long time) has had that problem.

Would of been nice
to upgrade towers first and then show improvements. This is Sprint, and I believe what you're saying. But customers from other carriers want Sprint to {prove}it first, and then maybe more people would jump back to them. The Sprint brand is too far gone now, merging is a must at this point.