Sprint Note 4 updating to Lollipop

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Google play services is not playing nice with this update - so many users complaining... But what does this mean for the functionality of the phone?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My posts are not responding to the correct posts here from Tapatalk... sorry gang. I'll try stop acting like a n00b.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Google play services is not playing nice with this update - so many users complaining... But what does this mean for the functionality of the phone?

There was an update for Google Play Services that popped up right after I'd updated (to 6.7 from 6.5). My guess is everyone should just double check the Play Store to see if there's an update. I know GPS has an update from 6.5 that was listed on APKMirror, so it'll be rolling out to everyone eventually.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. How would I do this? I don't think I've seen how Google play updates....

After the Lollipop update, I suddenly had a notification for an update, which I had to go directly to the Play store for. I'd imagine you can search for it directly on the play store, or look on apkmirror.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
One minor issue after update. The little base weather on my lock screen (pin security) isn't showing up. It is set up and should be, but can't get it to come up.

Oh, and the cache wipe thing after update made my phone super snappy. Even better than before update.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Why are non sprint users trolling us for answers about their carrier's?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Internet is much faster I see after update and less lag between apps

Eweis

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I had my N4 check for an update and it started downloading the approximate 1014 mb file but I chickened out and canceled it. I'd rather wait to see what more people are saying about it. My phone is already running great and don't want to jinx it.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So far, everything seems excellent. I wiped the cache partition right after applying the upgrade, and the battery life seems at least equal to what it was before. The phone seems quite snappy. The Bluetooth skipping issue with media playing seems to be negligible at this time (I also switched to NuPlayer from AwesomePlayer, so that might have a hand, but I don't know). There aren't any glaring issues that I can see at all.

So far, I'm extremely pleased with the upgrade.

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
^^^I haven't had any problems so far but it still early. The only quirk is the Google keyboard- white background with gray letters.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish this notification would go away... "checking device status"

I've killed it a couple of times, but it keeps coming back.... irritating!

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

Is the issue gone? If not, have you tried wiping the cache partition?

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand. Why do you have to reset to factory? I never had to do that in the iPhone world.