Sprint or Evo slow 3G tested last night

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I average 1.5 in L.A. on 3g. The lowest it averages is 800 or 900 but that's rare and I often see well over 2.0. I've never even see 2g here so not sure what the speeds are. 4G is up and down but I turn it off until they go live.

But I think Sprint has a bad rep in L.A. Almost everyone here agrees that Verizon is best and AT&T seems to come in 2nd. Although, so far in the 2 months I've had sprint it's almost as good as Verizon but much better than AT&T and Tmobile (yes I've had all 4 in the last 3 years)

joshw9805

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am a 3 week old EVO convert, coming from a rooted Palm Pre with tether.

I have to admit before I updated 2.2 on my rooted EVO, I was running tether and the speed was a great, so after upgrading to 2.2 through XDA I assumed I would be fine. 2.2 is awesome, but I found tether seemed to be working great for a few days and then took a massive dive, I have the current tether_2_0_5-pre8.apk but I still average less than 100kb on speed which is pointless. I figured I would call sprint to activate the HotSpot to see if it was any better, which I also get the same slow speeds, sooo I take it, its an issue with sprint, but I reactivated my Pre on a different line to use Tether and it seems to work perfect, could it be sprint or the tether software?

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Denis. . .you got 2.2 on 3G? Thats rediculous speed!!! hahaha. deff count your stars on that one.
Could be the market though you are in. Maybe less sprint customers in your area.

well now its down to 300kb if not 700...but that's ridiculously rare.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

joshw9805

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thought I would share this. (I do have a rooted Unrevoked EVO for the record). After dealing with such slow 3g speeds on tether using 2.2 reaching speeds up to 128k or worse, today I decided to do a restore that I had made from ROMmanager before 2.2 update. After the restore was complete, I bounced back to 2.1 and the results were amazing on how fast the Tether speed instantly jumped back up, for me this is a huge indicator that 2.2 had made a small mess of things. I say this only because I love the free tether program. So, if you're not a big 2.2 fan and want you fast tether back, restore the backup that you made prior to upgrading to 2.2 and you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards