sprint tv running at startup

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Stopping the sprint tv widget/media hub from running at startup

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, so forgive me if I'm repeating old news (did a quick search to see if I had missed it somewhere recently, but I may still be blind). Ok...disclaimer out of the way, one of the things that cropped up with one of the recent updates, if I remember correctly) was that the sprint tv app runs at startup in the background and most people add that to their tasks to kill at start along with the drm service. Well, I was just looking at the stock launcher for the first time tonight (not TW...yeah, I'm a noob and didn't realize how to get to that launcher) and I noticed that there was a sprint tv widget running on one of the home screens. Deleted the widget off the screen, restarted, and it didn't show up as a service that ran on startup.

Personally, I didn't realize that there could be things running in the vanilla launcher even though I had never used it and figured there are other noobs out there like me that may have missed this

Edit: just noticed this seems to keep the media hub (if memory serves correctly) service from running

Last edited:

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Edit: just noticed this seems to keep the media hub (if memory serves correctly) service from running

Great tip! Didn't even think to look at the vanilla "home" launcher but I checked it and had all kinds of widgets and app icons spread out across its 3 screens... I guess I had experimented with it early on and then just forgot to clear it out when I got comfortable with the other options...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582