SPYWARE? Unrecognized alerting notification that disappears every time i turn on phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a A11, and lately I've noticed an unrecognized alert notification in the notifications bar every time I start, or restart my phone. Then once I open and unlock my phone, it quickly disappears. Just to get it out if the way no it is not the roaming icon. I tried that. Plus, this is a circle, black, with a lower case r inside of it. The font is not formal but more, bubble almost. . . Anyways, I've read through some forums and know enough about my phone to know that something is off.
This started happening a month or two ago. My battery is draining quickly, and I don't use my phone during the day. I've shut off my background data usage for all apps. Also, I have experienced a lot of split screen incidences, as well as random, flashes of the screen going black then back on, quick ones... I'm thinking along the lines of spyware of some sorts, and it's driving me crazy. I've read that the most effective thing to do is factory reset the phone. I'd rather figure this out and know one way or the other than proceed from there.
Anyone who is tech savvy and can give some advice is welcome. And appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if you can get a screenshot of it and show it here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

That might be the Android 11 icon (Android 11 is still considered Android R internally at Google -- Android 10 was Q, and Android 9 was P, hence Pie).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

BeOhBe

May 5, 2019
Visit site
Have u run anti-malware? Also look thru your cookies and delete everything unknown. If that's no help u may need to go thru your apps. Do Not start in safe mode, as outside (even g store) installed apps won't show in safe mode. Look especially for apps with system in its wording that's not IN system apps, other words that indicate the power to change/alter other apps, etc. Malware is actually more likely to be in System apps than not, so be careful to research first and know what Not to uninstall or first try just disabling, as that's easier undone than replacing an app u need.
If you like, click into my profile and ask, and I'll send you my own derived list of malware cookies and apps names and url's etc. i.e. what to look for, that's stashed in gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter