Still telling me to turn in my note 7

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got a text from Verizon as well as a notification from Samsung but I'm still using my Note 7 - my Verizon location doesn't have any S7 Edges in stock and a delay online as well. I'll return mine tomorrow and use my backup.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I got a text from Verizon as well as a notification from Samsung but I'm still using my Note 7 - my Verizon location doesn't have any S7 Edges in stock and a delay online as well. I'll return mine tomorrow and use my backup.
How are you going to return it? They're not accepting them in stores from what I've heard. You've already gotten the fire proof box? They told me that I'm going to get one when I buy a new phone, but I'm not doing that until March when the S8 comes out.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I got text yesterday I think from Verizon about powering down and replacing phone for another one. Then today I got a notification in my notification bar from Samsung that note7 is banned on planes etc and to turn it in and replace.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I still have my 2nd Note, and am using it, sparingly, because the LG G3 I used last time stopped holding a charge, and my Pixel XL won't arrive from Verizon till the 20th. So far, have gotten 2 texts and an email from Verizon, all very generic, and a scolding text from Samsung, which I assume is also pretty generic. Just saw that you can now be arrested from bringing the Note on a plane.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
What fee are you referring to? I wasn't charged a thing myself from Verizon. Everything was refunded and I went with an upgrade as I don't have anything else. They even refunded me for all the accessories I bought.

Heading there this weekend so I'll be able to tell you what they told us over the phone. I hope we get the same results as you once we are in person. I'll keep you in the loop on this one. thanks for the reply.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I got just one text message to turn in my original Note 7, and one for my replacement.

If they're still messaging you about a phone you turned in a while ago, they may not have recorded the return properly. You could try calling your carrier if the messages are annoying, but that's probably more trouble than it's worth.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
How are you going to return it? They're not accepting them in stores from what I've heard. You've already gotten the fire proof box? They told me that I'm going to get one when I buy a new phone, but I'm not doing that until March when the S8 comes out.

When this second fiasco started I chatted online with a Verizon rep - he said since I am returning the Note 7 and not upgrading (strictly doing a refund) I can take the devices to the store and do it there.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When this second fiasco started I chatted online with a Verizon rep - he said since I am returning the Note 7 and not upgrading (strictly doing a refund) I can take the devices to the store and do it there.
I may need to see if they'll let me do that then cause I won't be upgrading for a while.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I would've had mine turned in Monday if they would have take mine back in store. Called mid week to request a box since I am not picking a new phone yet. Responded to the second text with send me a bleeping box and I will.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten a notification from Samsung and 2 texts from T-Mobile. I'm just using mine sparingly right now because I don't have a back-up and the replacement phone I want (either a V20 or 7+) isn't available right now.

Moody4040

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I took my N7 to Sprint to exchange for the S7E and they wanted a 100 down payment. I left the store and called Sprint, they Confirmed that it shldnt be any Charges. This morning the same FN problem, this is driving me crazy!!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I think they are sending these notices to anyone who purchased a Note 7 and it is a generic message that's not tied to any return information. They are just sending them out to cover themselves to make sure everyone gets the message.

Funny...I got the text on my NOTE 5 phone, the day AFTER i returned my Note 7.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Quick update:
They are saying we have to pay the taxes and an upgrade fee to turn in a recalled phone. This is complete and utter bull shizzle!!!!!!! Why do we have to pay to return a phone that is being recalled?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120