stock browser verrryyy slow

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
when i load a page it shows it loading in the status bar. it loads up about 50-80 percent then it just stops. at this point i set my phone down and come back to it about 5 min later and sometimes its loaded up, sometimes not. either way... it takes forever. it does this on 3g and wifi so its not network related it has to be the phone.

forgot to mention, it started on ava froyo rom, i am now on myns warm 2.2 and its still doing it.

phuthanvinh

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Try to reset roaming *228 then dial 2. When u flash a rom did u wipe? Also try to wipe cache, cookies, etc in browser settings. Sometimes my fone is acting up like that and i know its the network, but its story from my side.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Some Roms come preinstalled with an ad free host file which becomes out dated causing the browser to hang. When you download the adfree app it will update the host file of known advertisers fixing the hang issue. That's why the hanging happens on wifi and 3g. If you are on 4G, you have to click revert host files to get it working because the modified host file doesn't work on 4G. After every update or revert you should reboot to flush out the Dns settings.

Sir_Foux

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks evoKY, I've been dealing with this problem for several days and I thought I was going to have to switch roms even though I'm lovin' Warm 2.2. Your method worked perfectly! Thanks again!