Stratosphere Gripes

repat

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I was finally able to get my wife to upgrade from her Blackberry Tour. It had the keyboard she wanted, and it was free with the RS deal. I should have been more suspicious of this being a used phone when I saw the Vegan Tab wallpaper. It wasn't until later we found the previous owners gmail address on it. We are going to take it back, for at least an exchange this weekend.

So, on with the gripes:

Dialpad disappears and screen shuts off, after touching one number when trying to retrieve VM's from the home phone. Searched in all the settings for Dialpad time out, but have not found any. Don't have any problems doing this operation from my Fascinate.

Touch Screen sensitivity: Seems very, very touchy! She's launched 3 programs just sliding out the keyboard, LOL. I thought a case may help keep her fingers off the screen, but it's been minimal. Also tried to get her into the habit of shutting off the screen when she is done with a task, time will tell on this one.

Lag: Phone seems to lag lot, even compared to my Fascinate!

This is all I can think of right now, hopefully swapping to a new one will fix some of these issues.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Pat

Update: We ended up taking the Stratosphere back. She didn't like the bulk, sensitivity and there was a misunderstanding with the RS manager about cancelling the line we used the upgrade from. So back to the BB for now.

Last edited:

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You got a bad phone. Take it back and get yours through Wirefly or something. I've seen 2 others with the same issues but the rest of us seem to be content.

kiwitina

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've found that my stratosphere is very weird when it's charging.

When I use the virtual keyboard while it is charging, it gets very slow and buggy.
Is that just my phone or is it just an issue that I have to deal with?

mstrgreen

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same dial pad issue and took the phone back to the store. They took the battery out and reset the phone and ALL of the weirdo problems were solved.

Yooper53

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
New here don't know how to start a new thread but need some help.

On my old Motorola droid I was able to put a quick dial phone number one of the screens so that I did not alway have to go to phone to make a call. Can't see where I am able to do that on this Stratosphere.??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yooper53

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I do not like is that I can not find away for the phone to let me know I have new mail ??

On my Motorola a little lite would flash every time you got a new email or text.

Shadowfalx

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
New here don't know how to start a new thread but need some help.

On my old Motorola droid I was able to put a quick dial phone number one of the screens so that I did not alway have to go to phone to make a call. Can't see where I am able to do that on this Stratosphere.??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Long press home screen. Select shortcut. Select contact.

As for letting you know you have mail
Open mail app, goto settings, find notifications, select a sound. Now there will be a sound and in the notification bar there will be an icon. There is no notification LED light on this phone. If that is important to you I suggest returning the phone. Only other option is find a program that turns on your softkeys or the screen when you have a messaage (find it on the market) but this uses a lot more battery.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

redwizard69

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I do not like is that I can not find away for the phone to let me know I have new mail ??

On my Motorola a little lite would flash every time you got a new email or text.

I had a problem with that until I found an app called NoLed....free and it solves the lack of alert light on the Stratosphere. Hope this helps

OceanDroid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Only gripe bout this phone as mentioned before is lag. Doesn't happen to often, but when it does its pretty annoying and sometimes. Its doesn't go away. Sometimes only a reboot helps.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Charge, which is very similar to your Strat. I had a bad lag/home screen delay when exiting the browser or some other apps. Someone recommended using GoLauncher EX instead of the stock TouchWiz Loader. Go Launcher cleared up the lag issue completely. As a bonus, it has tons of customizable apps and options, I've been using Go Launcher for about a month and don't think I will ever go back to the stock TW Launcher. (BTW, my phone is unrooted and totally stock).

Hope this helps,
Rich

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac