Stuck on Samsung screen

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

My wife's s3 updated last night, I assume to MB1. Long story short, her battery died in the process because she couldn't find her charger :confused:. Her phone is now stuck on the Samsung logo after the Sprint boot animation. Stock recovery does nothing and seems to take FOREVER to download whatever its downloading. She is not rooted nor is she any sort of power user that needs root.

Any thoughts on how to get her back up and running?

Thank you

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

My wife's s3 updated last night, I assume to MB1. Long story short, her battery died in the process because she couldn't find her charger :confused:. Her phone is now stuck on the Samsung logo after the Sprint boot animation. Stock recovery does nothing and seems to take FOREVER to download whatever its downloading. She is not rooted nor is she any sort of power user that needs root.

Any thoughts on how to get her back up and running?

Thank you

Can you boot into download mode?
Download mode is achieved by pressing and holding "volume down, power button and the (physical) home button simultaneously. You will continue to hold all 3 buttons until you see a warning. Then press the volume up button and you will be in download mode.

If so, then see this thread to load a completely stock ROM. You can ignore the part about using triangle away if she's never been rooted. She'll get the notice to update to MB1 again. This time, tell her not to let it run unless she's near fully charged and plugged in.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-30-2012-sprint-only-unroot-return-stock.html

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i can get into download mode. I never actually knew that is what that was... I always thought that it was downloading something, maybe a repair file or something like that. I will have to try that tonight when I get home. Thank you.

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
ok...i guess the interruption caused more issues then originally thought. I got the drivers istalled, Odin up and running and all the appropriate files where they needed to go. Problem is after oh about 30 times of reconnecting, restarting, reinstalling, etc,etc Odin has only seen the phone once and it failed to connect for the actual transfer (gets stuck on <ID:0/004> SetupConnection) and fails after a few minutes everytime.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You may have already done this, but if not try a different USB cable and different USB ports on the computer. If that fails, and you have access to a different computer, try that. Odin seems to be very sensitive to any problems in this regard.

Alternatively, since the issue happened during a carrier provided OTA, you could just take it back to the store and tell them the OTA broke it. They'll have equipment specifically designed to reflash the ROM. Just don't tell them the phone powered down during the update. :)

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i actually got it last night hazah!!. it ended up being just a computer reboot was necessary... talk about relieved/pissed lol.

Thank you for all your help :)

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
my s3 is already is already rooted, has been since day 1 :cool:. she didnt want hers rooted (for some strange reason). hindsight being 20/20, should've done it anyway. wouldve taken a whole five more minutes lol. Incidentally, I am actually flashing M.O.A.R. here about 10 mins. I hear good things about it and that the battery life is amazing. This will be the first flash on my S3. I went though alot on my og evo

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I have the same problem with Odin not recognizing my phone. I have found that if I have my phone plugged in to my computer in download mode before Odin is launched and then open Odin my computer will recognize it. Don't ask me why, but it's worked for me on more than one occasion.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Vinamre Sood

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys

Need your help!!

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Cyanogenmod 11 few months back..it was working perfectly fine till today, while i was using my phone camera and my phone freezed suddenly. Nothing was working..then i restarted my phone by long pressing the power button , but the phone is not starting up...first the samsung logo appears on the screen ..then it goes to boot animation of Cyanogen and gets stuck at it. nothing happens after that....I have tried to remove the battery and place it back and then starting the phone...issue still persists .. i have tried to bo the phone in recovery or download mode by using volume key, home and power button ..but nothing happens... i am not able to go to any mode and still stuck at the boot animation screen.

Please please please help me

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause