Suddenly horrible battery drain

Traprock

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've had my bionic since launch with an extended battery.. I've had tremendous battery life with it...until this week. Suddenly without any updates or app changes, I won't make the workday without charging. Was there some sort of stealth update or something?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you done a reboot? Moto said some phones may have battery issues after daylight savings time change. Reboot is supposed to fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a reboot? Moto said some phones may have battery issues after daylight savings time change. Reboot is supposed to fix.

Wtf does time have to do with battery? lol, if that's true that's the strangest bug I've ever heard of. I don't think I've rebooted my phone since the time change and I've had BETTER battery life. For the past few weeks, my battery has been awful. Make sure your battery is calibrated, sometimes it throws itself out of calibration and makes it worse. I think that's what fixed mine.

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and reboot didn't fix it so I let the phone die, pulled the battery and fully recharged. That fixed the problem and tonight I'm now at 25% and it came off the charger 6 this morning.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had her phone a month w/o battery problems. Today, she complained that with little usage, it was down to 30% by 3PM. It's a mystery at this point.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
same exact thing happened to me. i did reboot my phone a few times (actually the phone ran out of battery while sitting on my desk unplugged overnight), but it hasn't seemed to help much. i was consistently getting ~20 hrs with the regular battery, now i'm lucky to get ~8 hrs.

i've been uninstalling apps to see if that will help the matter. i really don't want to have to factory reset this thing. i might also try disabling auto time zone; i believe the iphone 4s was having a similar battery drain issue because of this, not to mention that Moto also posted something similar.

denpad2010

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

Iheard the same....and this came from motorola so its true lol

Traprock

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well...I'll try it. Thanks for the advice. I'll repost tonight or tomorrow and let you know if it worked.
Seems a strange cause.

Traprock

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well...I'll try it. Thanks for the advice. I'll repost tonight or tomorrow and let you know if it worked.
Seems a strange cause.

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and a standard reboot did NOT fix the problem. It seems to be related to the Daylight Savings bug on Motorola phones. I had to do the following and then everything was OK.

Go to settings, date & time.
Switch "Automatic" off.
Set timezone to some INCORRECT timezone ( say Greenland )
Switch "Automatic" on.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and a standard reboot did NOT fix the problem. It seems to be related to the Daylight Savings bug on Motorola phones. I had to do the following and then everything was OK.

Switch "Automatic" off.
Switch "Automatic" on.

That is exactly what I did, and on top of that I restarted the phone. Fixed the issue no problem.

Traprock

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe it. It worked. Phone was off the charger from 5:00am until 8:00pm with normal use and battery still sitting at 50%

Thanks All!

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
We had some similar problems on phones. Verizon was updating towers, and the problems at the towers was what they said caused it. Problem went away when towers were fixed.
They are getting ready for LTE in our area on the 17th, and we've had some battery problems again.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Man I wish I had known all of that before doing a factory reset on my phone. That definitely fixed my battery drain issues. I will know to look at the forums before I get to resetting my phone.

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Switch "Automatic" off.
Switch "Automatic" on.

This is very interesting. I've been having horrible battery life for a while now with the extended battery and i wonder if this is my issue. (i hope so)

thanks for the post...doing this right now and hopefully this fixes my issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte