Swiftkey or LG 's keyboard ? Which are you using?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey does the same thing with the comma and period.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Rockhead84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I like Swiftkey's themes and word predictions better, but if you have bigger fingers, the LG keyboard is bigger. Just a matter of preference.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey since it was released. I used the LG keyboard for a few days. After a while predictions work fine, what I didn't like is the LG doesn't insert a space after the period! Lol. Besides that it's good.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This is bugging me too, other than that I love the LG keyboard.

Instead of the period. you double tap the space bar and it puts a period and then adds a space for you to start the next sentence.

Ahh, have to try that.

And to the right of the space bar, I set the two macros to '@' sign as well as '.' for entering urls.

I stuck a comma to the left of the spacebar to simulate the SwiftKey layout. Not sure I'll stick with that though. I might need a question mark more. Wish there was an option for 3 punctuation macros.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could have an extra macro key for a question mark or actually an emoticon key on the left like I had on my swift key but for what it is... Oem keyboard... It's really an impressive number of features and narrows the performance gap between good apps like swift key.

Last year on the g2 keyboard I really wanted to like it cause it had a number row that swift key didn't have until the beta came out... But the keyboard was terrible and their predictive was terrible.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried the LG keyboard mostly because I could resize it, but Swiftkey is the same size I would have chosen anyway. Swiftkey is much better at predicting the next word I want to use.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I liked the G3 keyboard. But ended up going back to SwiftKey. Next word prediction is to nice for me to give up.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Abit of both. Am using SwiftKey for predictions and a font pack downloaded from LG smartworld. I like how the font merged into SwiftKey.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 6584.jpg
    6584.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 117

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Never got into SwiftKey.

Been using Thumb Keyboard since my EVO 4G days but I've been using the LG G3 keyboard since I got it on Friday and I really like it so far.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the stock LG keyboard a shot when I first got the phone and I was impressed. It's a whole lot better than the stock Google keyboard. Ultimately, I switched back to SwiftKey. It's just a better keyboard app than any other overall. It's pros outweigh any cons.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I noticed yesterday that Swype came with the phone so I switched to it. I've been very happy with it.

The stock LG didn't capitalize when you swipe upward, that was the only thing that bugged me. Very nice stock keyboard otherwise.

From my naked gold G3, bling bling!