Switching Back to Dalvik from ART?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I thought my G3 would run better on ART but it's messed with some of my apps. Any instructions on how to switch back would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I thought my G3 would run better on ART but it's messed with some of my apps. Any instructions on how to switch back would be appreciated.

You should be able to the same way you switched it from Dalvik to ART. Through your dev options

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried that, hitting the dev button repetitively and nothing happens.

What do you mean, hitting the dev button? Go into the developer options the exact same way you did when you enabled ART, go to where it says select runtime, exactly the same way you did when you enabled ART, then select dalvik.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been running ART on mine for a few weeks now.
No probs, skips, stuttering. Battery life is great.
Only problem is that I can't cast my screen to my TV which is not a big deal.
Android L will be out by the end of the year (hopefully) amd then all will be right with the world.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I like everything about Art except the fact that I got random freezes causing me to revert back to dalvic. I miss the battery improvements from Art though

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've only had 2 random freezes with ART in the few weeks I've had it on. I just do a battery pull and like new... So smooth like butter 😊

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and have been on ART for a couple weeks with no problem until a few days ago. I got a couple random freezes while trying to knock on. Seems from this thread ART may be my problem. I don't know of any other reason why it could be.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean, hitting the dev button? Go into the developer options the exact same way you did when you enabled ART, go to where it says select runtime, exactly the same way you did when you enabled ART, then select dalvik.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I can't find a single feature that says Dalvik. I'm using the Verizon variant.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't find a single feature that says Dalvik. I'm using the Verizon variant.

I have Verizon also and I just went from Davlik to ART to do a test run on it. I just went back into the DEV settings and went to select runtime and Davlik was there for me to select.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon also and I just went from Davlik to ART to do a test run on it. I just went back into the DEV settings and went to select runtime and Davlik was there for me to select.

Is there an option before "runtime." I don't see a Dev settings either. Sorry for sounding like a noob.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If your developer options aren't there open them tapping 10-15 times on build number (about phone settings)

Moto G from ACF

Attachments

• 1407777941830.jpg
    1407777941830.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 61

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Not feeling adventured myself right now 😁 My G is running like a charm and battery life is very good. No need to change and see Flipboard crashing my phone.

Moto G from ACF