T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My s4 and my girls note 3, both T-mobile, have problems sending picture messages while on wifi anyone else have this happen? Using the stock Samsung messaging app it works usually fine but I use hangouts and it never works and she uses handcent and it doesn't work there either. Anyone else have this problem and solve it? I think all apn settings are correct, idk if it's something to do with the way T-mobile implements the integrated wifi calling or something?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

Try turning off wifi? Not like your using it for sending the MMS.

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Go to
-Settings
-Wifi
-Advanced
-Make sure Auto network switch is checked

Also, I would disable Wifi Calling as I don't think it plays well with MMS.

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Wifi calling works great with mms but only with the stock Messenger not sure why but that is the only why I can't send pics while on wifi calling.

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That's what I've found too is that when connected to wifi with wifi calling on mms only works well with the stock Samsung messaging app. That's really annoying because I want to use wifi calling and don't wanna use the stock messaging app. Strange though that it isn't giving some people problems but is to others.

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

Try turning off wifi? Not like your using it for sending the MMS.

Yeah if I turn wifi off I can send an mms through hangouts with no problems. So I'm guessing it's the wifi calling that's causing the issue.

wolfman7828

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Messaging app Textra just added a setting that allows phone to switch over to the network for sending mms then goes back to wifi calling.