T-Mobile Merger - Note 10+ 5g

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They both still using their own towers , takes time for them become one and they both have some 5g already . By that time anyway 5g should be kicking strong.

T mobile don't work very well where I am in the country.
At&t is terrible.
Verizon works best.

I hope im alive in 3 yrs

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Exactly how are the S20's already seeing the benefits now.

You on Tmobile or something.

The S20's have already gotten updates to use the additional towers from the merger, so better 5G support. The Sprint models now get access to TMo's 5G, and the TMo's get Sprint's. Better 5G coverage in more areas.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Waste of money buying those 5G phones, There really isn't as of yet real 5G , Samsung is just taking peoples money by the time the real 5G comes those Phones 2020 won't be worth having since there will be better phones by then, Thats one reason i don't fall for those phones that supposely is 5G all Fake.
Its not just about the speeds but also about stability. I've already seen benefits in my area where I normally drop my signal completely, stay connected at fast speeds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its not just about the speeds but also about stability. I've already seen benefits in my area where I normally drop my signal completely, stay connected at fast speeds.
It's certain areas and no where near as wide spread as 4G right now

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Tmobile 5g speeds are not much faster the 4g lte at this point. In major cities the speeds are a little faster but thats it. I do see tmobile being the 5g leader in the years to come.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Note 10plus 5G. Before I bought it in December, I tried to research what it would work with. No MM wave, but kept seeing that it would work with mid-band, in particular Sprints post merger. I hope it was correct. That's why I wasted my money on it.

Sorry, tried to fix the typos.

Last edited:

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile Note 10plus 5G. Before I bought it in December, I tried to research what iy would work with. No wave, but kept seeing that it would work with mid-band, in particular Sprints post merger. I hope it was correct. That's why I wanted my money on it.

Huh.

Grolley

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There were some larger areas near my hometown that had small spots of 5G. Once the official merger went live I have 5G almost all over the area I live. DOn't know if it had any to do with Sprint or convenient timing. No I do not live in a big city like NYC or Atlanta.