Migration from Sprint to T-Mobile

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Curious how many others out there are migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile because of the merger buyout situation. I've been a Sprint customer for a few years pretty glad that T-Mobile has taken over I've got T-Mobile SIM cards in my phones but I was told I have to go into the T-Mobile store to do the actual migration where the billing and everything will now be under T-Mobile. I'm curious how many have already done that and what their experience was

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Central Lounge to the General Carrier Discussion forum for more specific traffic.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Curious how many others out there are migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile because of the merger buyout situation. I've been a Sprint customer for a few years pretty glad that T-Mobile has taken over I've got T-Mobile SIM cards in my phones but I was told I have to go into the T-Mobile store to do the actual migration where the billing and everything will now be under T-Mobile. I'm curious how many have already done that and what their experience was
I made the switch earlier this year. Personally I did go to an actual T-Mobile corporate store, but mostly that was because I was adding my Wife's phone to the my account.

The process, however, for fairly seamless. I called Sprint Customer Service to let them know that I ending my contract with them and moving to their corporate parent T-Mobile. Then I made an appointment at a local T-Mobile corporate store. The T-Mobile Customer Service representative at the store did the rest.

One recommendation, however, I personally strongly recommend that you visit a Corporate Owned T-Mobile store as opposed to an independent T-Mobile reseller.

The two reasons for that are that the T-Mobile Customer Service Reps at the Corporate T-Mobile stores will be better able navigate the 'backend' processes for switching your account from Sprint to T-Mobile, and you will get better customer service.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm lost on why you would have to go to any store to accomplish this. You would think it would be as easy as requesting a Sim card from T-mobile, and getting your account # and Pin# from Sprint. Then put the new Sim card in your phone > go to the T-mobile activation page > select what level of service plan you wish> enter the Sprint account/pin #'s > click enter > Done T-mobile takes over from there ...

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm lost on why you would have to go to any store to accomplish this. You would think it would be as easy as requesting a Sim card from T-mobile, and getting your account # and Pin# from Sprint. Then put the new Sim card in your phone > go to the T-mobile activation page > select what level of service plan you wish> enter the Sprint account/pin #'s > click enter > Done T-mobile takes over from there ...
Just to clarify...

I am sure that a person can do everything the way you described, and for some people I am sure it is easy for them.

As I mentioned, personally I went to a T-Mobile store because my wife was migrating her phone number from AT&T to my account at the same time I was migrating my Sprint account to T-Mobile. Additionally, my wife wanted a new iPhone. While all of it could have been done on line and remotely, for me, it would have been a Royal PIA.

As for my recommendation to the OP about visiting a T-Mobile corporate store, with all of the billing issues I have dealt with over the past years switching carriers, I have personally found it easier to simply visit a corporate owned store to make the switch, because the Customer Service Reps at the corporate stores have better access to all the back-end account information.

Last edited:

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
My best friend did the sim swap and she couldn't be happier with TMO much better service than she had with sprint all around.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
My best friend did the sim swap and she couldn't be happier with TMO much better service than she had with sprint all around.

Same here. My best friend was on Sprint with a Kyocera phone and the service was terrible. He bought an unlocked Pixel 5a and went to a corporate T-Mobile store. He dropped Sprint, and went with the T-Mobile 55+ Magenta plan and couldn't be happier.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I just upgraded the SIM card in one phone to the TMobile side. I've been with Sprint since the first day they opened a store. So far, I kinda like it since my sketchy 5g in my home went to almost full bars of 5g vs toggling 4g full bars to one bar of 5g.

I was told yesterday that the migration of accounts would come through them and no walking into a store would be needed. I have the other SIM cards that were mailed to me, I just haven't replaced all of them yet.

So far, so good. :)

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I just upgraded the SIM card in one phone to the TMobile side. I've been with Sprint since the first day they opened a store. So far, I kinda like it since my sketchy 5g in my home went to almost full bars of 5g vs toggling 4g full bars to one bar of 5g.

I was told yesterday that the migration of accounts would come through them and no walking into a store would be needed. I have the other SIM cards that were mailed to me, I just haven't replaced all of them yet.

So far, so good. :)

Nevermind, I had to switch back to my Sprint SIM card. All calls were routing to my voicemail, phone glitching etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej