tab s6 connection to your phone

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
i know you can connect to your phone with tab s6 but i am unable to connect my phone note8 ... has anyone tried? my note doesnt have the option of "call and text other devices" option that is what i need to do in order having tab s6 do the calls or texting...

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
i know you can connect to your phone with tab s6 but i am unable to connect my phone note8 ... has anyone tried? my note doesnt have the option of "call and text other devices" option that is what i need to do in order having tab s6 do the calls or texting...

Verizon and ATT have not enabled this for Galaxy phones. Yup Frustrating

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
There is a long (and sometimes heated) thread on this already. TL:DR, if you buy verizon, they disable this. You have to use Verizon Messages if you want to sync your calls and texts.

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Tell me again why people buy things from VZW or ATT...oh yeah...payment plan. Samsung offers a payment plan too.

There are some things you don't get with a unlocked phone though. On AT&T you don't get WiFi calling, or VoLTE but you do get integrated VVM. On T-Mobile you don't get integrated VVM or DIGITS, but you get the other stuff.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Really?? Is any of that stuff woth the price you pay for it ..in bloatware and other restrictions? With unlimited plans, is wifi calling that important. When you balance it out...is the other stuff ....that important?

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Really?? Is any of that stuff woth the price you pay for it ..in bloatware and other restrictions? With unlimited plans, is wifi calling that important. When you balance it out...is the other stuff ....that important?

Where I live WiFi calling is hugely important. I live on the 41st floor facing the wrong way from the cell towers in Denver. Whether it was AT&T or T-Mobile the signal just doesn't cut it for a conference call. Wifi calling with HD voice is a game changer for me. Which I got on my unlocked S10 when I switched to TMO.

Last edited:

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok yes there are valid reasons for these decisions. I know a lot of people that look at a list of features and set out to get those features... Regardless. People, in your situation, know the value of those features in real life. I wasnt talking about the. S10 didn't come in purple so it sucks kind of thing.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
The Verizon Message + works well with my Tab S6 and Note 10+. Now, for me, if I wanted to make calls through my tablet, I would buy an LTE version.
And alodar101, one BIG reason to buy through Verizon is that they have the best coverage in my area with getting everything they give even better service, in my view!

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There are some things you don't get with a unlocked phone though. On AT&T you don't get WiFi calling, or VoLTE but you do get integrated VVM. On T-Mobile you don't get integrated VVM or DIGITS, but you get the other stuff.

Guys in other post say WiFi AND volte are working.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Where I live WiFi calling is hugely important. I live on the 41st floor facing the wrong way from the cell towers in Denver. Whether it was AT&T or T-Mobile the signal just doesn't cut it for a conference call. Wifi calling with HD voice is a game changer for me. Which I got on my unlocked S10 when I switched to TMO.

Have Verizon send you a network extender.