Tablet / PC help

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Figured this was general so I would post it here, I went back to school where I am taking some classes online and need to type some papers while on the go to at work so I need access to word mostly but the suite would be best. So I have a full size laptop that I usually utilize at home for this and have a nexus 7 and iPad-2 for on the go but the iPad does not fit for this. So my question after all that is I was trying to figure out if the surface 2 would be worth picking up or a small laptop in the same price range, or is there a better option using android that I can do this with that I'm missing?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Figured this was general so I would post it here, I went back to school where I am taking some classes online and need to type some papers while on the go to at work so I need access to word mostly but the suite would be best. So I have a full size laptop that I usually utilize at home for this and have a nexus 7 and iPad-2 for on the go but the iPad does not fit for this. So my question after all that is I was trying to figure out if the surface 2 would be worth picking up or a small laptop in the same price range, or is there a better option using android that I can do this with that I'm missing?

Thanks
I would suggest a laptop. You already seem to have the tablets covered anyway.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
There are several good office suites for Android and you can connect a Bluetooth keyboard to your tab (many even come with stands!) to do word processing. This might be cheaper than buying another device. I personally think the N7 is a bit small for prolonged office work, which is why I have a chromebook as well, but your mileage may vary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, the iPad 2 for me is just a couch web surfer and answer emails other than that I do not really do much with it was just going to sell it. So you are using a chromebook and what are you using for word documents and do you find any issues with converting back and fourth?

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well with the chromebook, Google Drive is the only real solution for office stuff. There are some other suites but none are as user friendly. Good thing about that is since I'm using Google Docs, I can work on my chromebook, save to my drive, and pull it up on my N7. MS Word is the standard and most other words processors can open and save in that format. On my Android, I prefer Office Pro 7 which can also save to doc and docx.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha