Tablet Screen Won't Turn On

NHinson

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Tablet: Vankyo MatrixPad Z10

Hello 😊 Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Note: Due to my financial circumstances, a tablet replacement or upgrade is low priority at this time.

***The issue with my tablet***

For a few days before the screen stopped lighting up, the screen would light up any time I picked up the device, even though it was only supposed to light up when I pressed the Power button.

Now it won't light up at all.

***What I've tried***

I tried to charge the tablet over several hours with several different power cables. After the tablet had been connected to each cable for at least 30 minutes, I long-pressed the Power button, but the screen did not light up.

I tried to connect the tablet to my PC via USB, but the tablet didn't appear in the 'Devices and Printers' menu.

I tried to find the Recovery Mode and Safe Mode key combinations online, but was unsuccessful.

I contacted Vankyo to obtain these codes, but I have not received a reply yet.

***Questions***

Could this be a hardware issue?

If so, how do I diagnose the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For Safe Mode, did you try either of these two possibiltiies? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

On certain devices, you have to power off, then power back on, but when you see the manufacturer logo appear, press and hold Vol Down until the homescreen appears.

But I think you're probably right -- the screen may have failed. There's a possibility that there's a loose connection, though, so if you're adventurous, you can try to take the device apart and check the connections. But keep in mind that you could always end up causing more damage, so it may still be worth looking into a professional repair shop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could it be a battery or charging port condition would be another question I'd be looking at, as well.

Good point -- I was focusing on the OP's mention that the screen wouldn't light up, thinking that meant it was probably still making sounds. @NHinson, does it make any sound or vibration at all, or does it just seem dead?

NHinson

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Thanks @B.Diddy. I'll call my local repair shops. If they charge more than the device is worth, I'll likely try to repair it myself if I find any decent tutorials online.