Target Pre-order Thread

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered the second day it was available and still haven't received word on when they will be getting them in. Has anyone had any luck in getting their phones from Target?

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the second day it was available and still haven't received word on when they will be getting them in. Has anyone had any luck in getting their phones from Target?

I just got an email from Target about an hour ago saying that my phone was ready for pickup and if I didn't get it within 24 hours, it would be made available for sale. I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't wait for the email. Went in around 11 this morning to my local Target and they had one waiting for me.

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Finally got mine today after getting an email after work. The staff there were pretty clueless as to how to handle my pre-order. I dont think they processed it as a pre-order but as a normal purchase. I have a feeling I am going to have to contact them in a few weeks for the giftcard.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Zznation, not likely, that part is automated. Also phones arrived to targets mid day via fed ex or ups. There is an automated pre order list they should be following, so no email no phone. And yea cut them some slack, at the same time as the s8 roll out they threw a whole new activation software package at them. It was new to everyone.

zznation

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I submitted my claim for the gear vr on the 21st. I included my target receipt as well as my pre-order email confirmation. Just got an email from samsung saying that the date of the purchase doesn't qualify. Has anyone run into issues?

cardman27

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I submitted my claim for the gear vr on the 21st. I included my target receipt as well as my pre-order email confirmation. Just got an email from samsung saying that the date of the purchase doesn't qualify. Has anyone run into issues?

Same thing here. Said my receipt didn't have any store info. Sent it back, making sure EVERYTHING was ledgible. Got an email last night saying the receipt doesn't have a qualifying device, despite getting an email directly from Samsung saying "dive in and explore your galaxy s8". Don't know if Target can fix this, but going there today to try to sort it out.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I submitted my claim with just my preorder confirmation email using the Shop Samsung app. So far it says registration is approved and review is in progress. I heard of others having issues because the sell date on the receipt is from the 21st so I left that out. Fingers crossed.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I got an email early today with a code to go in and get the gift card. I also got an email yesterday saying my gear vr promotion request had been approved.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582