Teardown Video

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if there has been a teardown/disassemble video made of this watch? I haven't found one yet. I'd love to see what it takes to change the battery. Maybe to set my mind at ease about charge management. I'd also like to see how the antenna is incorporated into the band. That would give us an idea if 3rd parties would be able to make replacement band.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone willing to tear theirs apart so I can see a video of the internal workings? Didn't think so. I guess in due time there will be one.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I realized that was coming as soon as I asked if a video existed. I'll wait patiently for someone else to trash theirs.....sadly you know it's coming someday soon.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that link. Looks like the problem with changing the battery would be that rubber gasket. Maybe aftermarket battery suppliers would include it.
There's a piece of metal where the band would attach. I can't tell if that little metal tab was broken off or it its just a metal tab. That would go a long way in determining if 3rd party bands would eventually be available.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
i read in another thread from someones whose broke that the band attaches to just the metal tab. it doesnt go all the way through

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
If I'm reading this correctly, that would mean that 3rd parties could replicate the antenna and replacement bands could become "plug and play" right?

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
hypothetically i see that as being possible but considering nobody has even made a 3rd party charger i can't imagine anyone investing the time and money on developing watchbands for this with such a small user base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen