Terrible Battery Life GPS activity + Bluetooth

jfreiman

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Using the built-in Running Endurance activity, I am only getting 2hrs of use from a 100% charge.
I do have Bluetooth turned on, and music playing from locally stores music.
The Gear app on my phone shows that more than 75% of the battery usage is from S Health.
Brightmes is down to 3
Screen timeout is 10 sec
Etc.
Is this to be expected? How can someone expect to go for a proper run without the watch shutting down halfway?
I am totally new to Samsung activity products; am I missing some other setting? Do I need to avoid Bluetooth on the watch and bring my phone along for Bluetooth music, etc?
Disconnecting my Bluetooth greatly improves battery life, but negates the training and endurance feature of the watch.

Attachments

• 20190317_135834.jpg
    20190317_135834.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 23

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, have you found the solution ? Same thing happened to me

I connect the watch to my ios - bluetooth / non wifi (to get notification)
I don’t use music
I track heart - set to frequent; sleep tracking, stress tracking, all set active
From around 90-80% (12.am), i slept (set sleeping mode, all fitness tracking active as per usual). I woke up at 6, and battere drop to 8% ...
From app, the battere show most activities from S Health

Is it normal ? Am I doing anything wrong ? From some reviewer, they stated the battere can last 1-2 days in average, but mine is not even 12 hours ?

Pls help

Thx in adv

jfreiman

May 1, 2014
Visit site

I don’t use music
I track heart - set to frequent; sleep tracking, stress tracking, all set active
From around 90-80% (12.am), i slept (set sleeping mode, all fitness tracking active as per usual). I woke up at 6, and battere drop to 8% ...

Is it normal ? Am I doing anything wrong ? From some reviewer, they stated the battere can last 1-2 days in average, but mine is not even 12 hours ?

Pls help

Thx in adv

The only solution I have found to improve battery life with both Bluetooth audio and GPS active is to a) not do it; ie. don't use Bluetooth audio, b) if I do want to use both, the watch must be @ absolute 100% and I must key my run to a maximum of 70 min.
So no, no solution other than modify my behavior.
Sorry

jfreiman

May 1, 2014
Visit site

I don’t use music

Pls help

Thx in adv

The only solution I have found to improve battery life with both Bluetooth audio and GPS active is to a) not do it; ie. don't use Bluetooth audio, b) if I do want to use both, the watch must be @ absolute 100% and I must keep my run to a maximum of 70 min - which is close to the max if 80 min I can get in a full charge.
Sorry

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
The only solution I have found to improve battery life with both Bluetooth audio and GPS active is to a) not do it; ie. don't use Bluetooth audio, b) if I do want to use both, the watch must be @ absolute 100% and I must keep my run to a maximum of 70 min - which is close to the max if 80 min I can get in a full charge.
Sorry

Hi,

thx for your reply

by not using bluetooth, do you mean just music ? To connect with bluetooth to phone (so I can get notification) should be no issue right ?

And for the GPS, I never turn on this feature (location - off), so without turning this on, my battery life should be longer than my current

Just as my last test, 100% from 12am, connect to phone by bluetooth (no music), gps/location off, all Shealth tracking on(heartbeat, sleep, etc), sleeping mode (always on should be off) => results : left only 8% at 6 morning. Is it strange ? I'm afraid I get the defected product, but before i go to samsung center, I need to know is this normal or not. If it's normal, I think I will re-sell this product, since it's not a full day usage product ...

PS : I also prefer my watch and display always on (well, because it's a watch after all - at least for me) - will it drain the battery significantly ?

thx