Test Kernels From Adrynalyne (updated 1/21)

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to tell if the nonvoodoo test 5 is active like see what kernal im using? and is there a place to find common issues with test 5 and what it offers I was in another thread that suggested 5. I am using all stock stuff except for that list i gave you is there anything i should do or that you would suggest?

I have this same question. I see no difference when the phone loaded up and am wondering how I can tell if test 5 is really loaded properly.

When I installed test 2, I knew right away since the phone looked stock and I had to reload my stock settings. When I loaded test 5, the phone looked exactly the same.

Especially wondering since it didn't fix my cd-rom problem.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have this same question. I see no difference when the phone loaded up and am wondering how I can tell if test 5 is really loaded properly.

When I installed test 2, I knew right away since the phone looked stock and I had to reload my stock settings. When I loaded test 5, the phone looked exactly the same.

Especially wondering since it didn't fix my cd-rom problem.

just reflash test 5. flashing a new kernel wont change much on your phone. you wont see a huge differance right away. test 5 should fix your cd mounting problem. but why the heck are you still on 2.1. flash a froyo rom man. that will fix your sd mounting issue, and make your phone fly.

Reactions: motoprof

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to flash froyo, but I am reluctant to since I use wireless tether sometimes and I worried about the "Tattle Ware" (not my words) that Verizon has put on it. Since I don't really use it alot, I think I may just update and not worry about it. Others are using it and have not had the Verizon Police knocking on their door.....yet.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to flash froyo, but I am reluctant to since I use wireless tether sometimes and I worried about the "Tattle Ware" (not my words) that Verizon has put on it. Since I don't really use it alot, I think I may just update and not worry about it. Others are using it and have not had the Verizon Police knocking on their door.....yet.

yeah i used it for about 5 minutes, and then switched back to my cable internet. its a neat idea and i can it being of use while traveling, maybe.

i have not tried this and i dont know if it will work, but you may try it out:

Use verizon mobile hotspot free, AP mode - xda-developers

if you do let us know how it works.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noteshome