The Dreaded Samsung Trade-in Strikes Again

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I know that now. But they also told me that they can override my lock screen
They probably misspoke. Tech-support reps are generally poorly trained and not well informed. FRP has nothing to do with the lock screen, and there's nothing related to the lock screen that can survive a factory reset. Trust Samsung's written instructions, not what a support rep says. If a support rep makes an important claim, ask them how they know and what reliable written confirmation they can point you to. If they can't, don't take their word for it.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
They probably misspoke. Tech-support reps are generally poorly trained and not well informed. FRP has nothing to do with the lock screen, and there's nothing related to the lock screen that can survive a factory reset. Trust Samsung's written instructions, not what a support rep says. If a support rep makes an important claim, ask them how they know and what reliable written confirmation they can point you to. If they can't, don't take their word for it.

Oh, I have the text from them from the first time I called me stating, basically, that it's all been taken care of and not to worry. The second response was in email form just stating "We are happy to inform you that there will not be any chargeback related to your trade-in order #xxxxxxx . No further action is needed at this point." I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall!

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad I decided to do the trade in through Verizon after reading these stories. Might not have been quite as cheap overall, but it went fairly smooth. I did have to call because I never got the box to do the return. They finally checked it in and applied the credit to my account.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know whether they can actually disable FRP for you, but even if not, it's no longer your responsibility, so that's a happy ending.

They can. More than 1 manager/supervisor told me as much. They said "we're Samsung so we have the technology". Apparently when they receive phones in for service, they have to do it all the time according to the one supervisor in the Tech dept.

docfreed

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In iPhone 12 was successful and your device met all of the eligibility requirements. We hope you’re enjoying your new Galaxy S21+ 5G 128GB (Unlocked). No further action is needed at this point.

But I still never received my location tags!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, here in Australia they have an absolutely crazy deal for the S21 line at the moment if you trade in. You can trade in the value of your phone + $500 trade in bonus + $200 voucher + $50 bonus when you sign up to Samsung's email.

So the S21 Ultra originally retailed for $1,850 AUD, however right now is on special for $1,600.
I traded in my Galaxy S10+ for $235 + $500 trade in bonus + $200 voucher + $50 email bonus = $985 savings.

$1,600 - $985 = $615 AUD for the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

I cant express how absolutely bonkers good that deal is. I'll get the phone early next week. Really excited for it.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Yep, here in Australia they have an absolutely crazy deal for the S21 line at the moment if you trade in. You can trade in the value of your phone + $500 trade in bonus + $200 voucher + $50 bonus when you sign up to Samsung's email.

So the S21 Ultra originally retailed for $1,850 AUD, however right now is on special for $1,600.
I traded in my Galaxy S10+ for $235 + $500 trade in bonus + $200 voucher + $50 email bonus = $985 savings.

$1,600 - $985 = $615 AUD for the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

I cant express how absolutely bonkers good that deal is. I'll get the phone early next week. Really excited for it.

Congrats!

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got the email from Samsung my note 20 ultra was accepted, so I got a brand new S21 Ultra for $500 cause of my trade. To me that is insanely good.