The new HTC One (M8) vs the Galaxy S5 - HTC on the way out?

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: The new HTC One vs the Galaxy S5 - HTC on the way out?

My English language might not be the most polished, but if I want to create a sequence of shots with the HTC One, Zoe mode isn't the only way to accomplish this. So are we referring to the ability to assemble multiple frames into a single composition? If so, then I'm not understanding how my statement is invalid.

Posted via Android Central App

Read my posts. I already stated you can do it on the One with Burst shots. You're wasting your time posting this stuff. I even quoted myself and bolded it for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Length can be controlled and audio can be selected from the choices they give you. Don't think you can add your own audio yet but I can't on my one either.

..... You can't add it on you one? That was a part of the Sense 5.5 update.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Read my posts. I already stated you can do it on the One with Burst shots. You're wasting your time posting this stuff. I even quoted myself and bolded it for you.

Then do please pardon my level of stupidity since it is beyond belief. I'll go douse myself in kerosene, light a match, and burn slow..

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
if today's rumor of htc only releasing the one on verizon tuesday and everyone else 2+ weeks later is true this company is all but dead. its almost like they want to fail.

Every company does this. They won't fail, People will still buy it when it comes out. You have to understand 90% of the population could care less about buying a phone on release day. A lot of people actually like to wait for the bugs and problems to be fixed before they buy it.

People like us who are phone enthusiasts are 1 out of 1000,We want the phone ASAP and we are willing to get new phones sooner, most people aren't like us. If people want a phone, they aren't going to not buy it just because it will come out 2 weeks later. I think it's dumb that if you want a phone and it's what you are looking for Why does it matters if you have to wait a few more weeks?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Maybe you haven't used auto awesome lately? It is far from basic and far more customizable the HTCs implementation. Try it again., it's much more than a slide show.

Actually yes I tried it again before replying to you.

Length can be controlled and audio can be selected from the choices they give you. Don't think you can add your own audio yet but I can't on my one either.

I agree with Habib, is done far better on the One. So well done that I don't want to change anything once it's finished. Simply being able to not include certain images is enough for me.

Changing the audio in Auto Awesome only does that. The slideshow stays the same. No effects or cool transitions at all.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Every company does this. They won't fail, People will still buy it when it comes out. You have to understand 90% of the population could care less about buying a phone on release day. A lot of people actually like to wait for the bugs and problems to be fixed before they buy it.

People like us who are phone enthusiasts are 1 out of 1000,We want the phone ASAP and we are willing to get new phones sooner, most people aren't like us. If people want a phone, they aren't going to not buy it just because it will come out 2 weeks later. I think it's dumb that if you want a phone and it's what you are looking for Why does it matters if you have to wait a few more weeks?

If it's just two weeks doesn't that put it out still a bit earlier than the S5?

I'm not sure the rumor is true, but if it is that's not that bad.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Which implementation you prefer is up to you. We were just saying that it's possible on the S4, or any other Android phone. I'm sure Google will improve it

But I don't use that stuff, personally.

Do you still have to share Zoe through HTC service?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

If it's just two weeks doesn't that put it out still a bit earlier than the S5?

I'm not sure the rumor is true, but if it is that's not that bad.

Either way, The fact that they are releasing it weeks or even days after its announced is a positive thing.

Samsung announces the GS5 a month or more before it releases.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Which implementation you prefer is up to you. We were just saying that it's possible on the S4, or any other Android phone. I'm sure Google will improve it

But I don't use that stuff, personally.

Do you still have to share Zoe through HTC service?

Oh I'm not sure. I only use them to make Highlights really. I mostly take still photos.

its bad enough to hurt an already dying company as htc.

No. I just disagree with this. It'll still be a much shorter window than Samsung releasing the S5 after announcement, and also still a few days before the S5 is released.

Carrier exclusives aren't good, but if this one is just two weeks that's not terrible either.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Oh I'm not sure. I only use them to make Highlights really. I mostly take still photos.

No. I just disagree with this. It'll still be a much shorter window than Samsung releasing the S5 after announcement, and also still a few days before the S5 is released.

Carrier exclusives aren't good, but if this one is just two weeks that's not terrible either.

The two week exclusive is as good as a delay on other carriers. If the S5 has days lead on it they can steal sales. Timing is crucial and being first has been important for HTC.

I still don't think it will outsell the S5, because those leads didn't help them against the S3 or S4 either (though I think there were delays in the US for one or both of those?).

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

The two week exclusive is as good as a delay on other carriers. If the S5 has days lead on it they can steal sales. Timing is crucial and being first has been important for HTC.

I still don't think it will outsell the S5, because those leads didn't help them against the S3 or S4 either (though I think there were delays in the US for one or both of those?).

Well no it's not if it's still out before the S5. It's also still going to be for sale two weeks after announcement. That's pretty good.

Besides, we all know that HTC gets paid for those exclusives.

I also agree with you about sales. I'm sure the S5 will outsell it by a lot. I just want it to do well enough to keep HTC making devices.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Been able to add my own audio since day 1.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

its bad enough to hurt an already dying company as htc.

I don't think so. Last year's release was a cluster.... week you know. They announced in Feb and didn't fully launch on the big 4 till around August. Hoping this year is better

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332