The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello! Just bought me and my wife a pair of these and were waiting anxiously to be able to use them! Were military and we have been living in Japan for the last 3+ years and we have been stuck using iphones for that time and were ready to make the switch. These android system looks amazing and I cant wait to start tinkering around!

Welcome to Android!!

Being able to tinker with these phones is why I love them so much. The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing these phones :)

byoung1989

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my E4GT since November and got it for about as cheap as you can get it for, $.01. Purchased through Amazon as a new Sprint customer and have the everything data plan. Plus I was able to get an additional 12% off each bill due to being a college student. :)

I love the amazing screen, camera and video captures. Only drawback is battery life, but I use my phone for everything (gps, music, sms, calls, news feed) so my battery is generally at 50% by mid afternoon. All of my friends (iPhone users) love how big and beautiful the screen is and how I have everything synced with my gmail account to work flawlessly. :p

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Officially upgraded to 4G touch! Was using LG Optimus and it was a good phone but I've been wanting an HDPI phone and I just now ordered it! Will be joining this forum now. So excited!

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got my White one last night! What an upgrade from the LG Optimus! :)

I am already sick of the stock launcher though, lol. I'll be switching to Go Launcher or ADW soon. :)

bobwonderful

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I finally broke down and got one... Bought one through Craigslist for cheap, but the data wasn't working, even though the ESN worked. I spent several weeks trying to get it to work but finally the sprint guys said to just use the Asurion coverage, which cost me another 100 bucks. I've finally switched from my Palm Pre. Not totally content yet, but it will do. It's definitely speedy and I've already rooted and am running ICS, which I thought would be like the Nexus, but no, it's got the touchwiz, which I am not totally thrilled at. It will take time, I know.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I finally broke down and got one... Bought one through Craigslist for cheap, but the data wasn't working, even though the ESN worked. I spent several weeks trying to get it to work but finally the sprint guys said to just use the Asurion coverage, which cost me another 100 bucks. I've finally switched from my Palm Pre. Not totally content yet, but it will do. It's definitely speedy and I've already rooted and am running ICS, which I thought would be like the Nexus, but no, it's got the touchwiz, which I am not totally thrilled at. It will take time, I know.

What ROM are you running?

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks - Sgooter here. Just bought a white E4GT at Sam's - replaces wife's BB Curve. Very impressive phone and at a great price. I have an Android tablet w/ ICS (not rooted), so I'm familiar with the OS basics. She's just starting to figure things out on the E4GT. So, I'm sure we'll have some "how to" questions soon, but we'll search the forum/thread first.

PTZ

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
My daughter and I decided to get the Epic 4g. So we have two of them in my family and we have enjoyed the learning curve. This is my first smart phone and hers too. I have been following the BlackBerry forums because of my PlayBook and came to this forum from there. So I thought I would chime in and say "Hi! " So far only a couple minor problems, mostly learning the device stuff. Takes great pictures, games play well, YouTube videos look great too.
PTZ

invis4ble

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Epic 4g Touch (not rooted, completely stock) and have been on 2.3.4 Gingerbread for sometime now. Awhile ago I got the prompt to upgrade (I'm guessing 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 by now) but every time I go to update it, it can never make it through the process.

What happens is, it reboots and is unpacking the update and gets about 4/10th's of the way through then gets held up. After about 5 seconds it goes from the unpacking image to the exclamation point inside the yield sign image.

After that, I have to go back to the backed up version and am back to 2.3.4. Can I get the update manually on my SD card and update it that way? I just don't know where to get the update file from..

New to the forums so probably not the right place to put this, but need some help

Dortch

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Purchased a black and white one at the end of July...one for me and wifey.
I got my ICS update last night and applied this am...so far so good.
Wife is OOT and she is not sure if it was on her phone this am or not.:confused:
I will see her tonight and do the update if available.

w9awx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Its official, We finally got to replace our defunct LG Optimus S phones with modern phones. Picked up 2 GS2 phones for under $100 with a Spring contract buyout. Yes, its not a GS3, but compared to the Optimus S and with us not getting LTE for what is seemingly will be another year if things go as they have, we couldn't justify spending money we could put to better use elsewhere and just went with the GS2. From all the reviews and tests between the two, I dont think we'll miss it our next upgrade.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on getting your E4GT!!

Smart move on not getting an LTE device yet. Although I absolutely love my Gnex, I miss how fast 4G was on my E4GT.

Tim Elliott

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Finally upgrading from a Palm Pre-. I upgraded from the Sprint website on a Monday, and chose "Reserve in Store". This implied that I could pick it up in the store right away, but, no. ARGGH. And, the phone didn't come in on Tuesday, so now we'll see if it comes in on Wednesday...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz