The official "I got my Thunderbolt thread!"

GeorgeX

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My First Droid

This is my first Droid.

Has 4G at my home in San Diego, but neither where I bought the Tbolt (Encinitas) or where I work (Carlsbad).... someday....

Design flaw: Kickstand cannot function in landscape mode while usb power is plugged in (they shoulda either reversed the kickstand or put the usb port on the other side). This would be an issue for example for someone wanting to watch a movie while plugged in to save battery drain.

Also for some reason after the rep updated my contacts almost all of them are duplicated on my phone list. Based on the fact that the contacts that are not updated seemed to be relatively more recent I am guessing that I somehow had two versions of backup assistant databases that were both updated OR the backup assistant update crashed before finishing and then started up again from the beginning (rep did mentioned something about having trouble with the backup assistant). So far haven't found a fix.

My blackberry definitely had its advantages (easier 1 handed etc) but I am loving the vastly improved browsing experience.

GeorgeX

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Video

Also was in a dark club last night watching a band and video taped them doing a song from about 8 feet away. Video was out of focus the whole time. Any suggestions?

infernodash

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today, this is my first droid. Loving it! Had about an hour to play with it and add contacts before the 15% battery warning popped up. I'll let it charge fully and tonight I'll add apps, and other things.

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
How do I open the "task manager" when I want to exit out of programs?

On my epic4g I was able to hold the Home button and it would show me the recent apps/task lists.. but for the thunderbolt it only shows me recent apps.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Finally both TB just got here! now the tasks of setting them up hope it goes well,I already set up my gmail and tranfered my contacts from BB storm1. Now wife just has to make her's.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Thunderbolt about 30 min ago. Decided to charge it fully up before turning it on for the first time. All I have to say is the build quality is so sweet.

Fhiz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
got mine earlier today and despite the people at my verizon store sucking and taking forever to figure out what was wrong with activation, finally got it up and running and I love it. The 4G in boston is faster than my wifi connection here at home.

Only bad part is that I think I may have a dead pixel, which is unfortunate, but it doesn't bother me too much.

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
FedEx dropped mine off this afternoon. This thing is amazing to say the least! Everything I had hoped for and more. Set up was easy and smooth. Its like an Evo on steroids.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Playing with tbolt in Verizon. So so. Bigger than dinc, but that's it so far. Oh yeah, is running on 3g, not 4G. Small town though, so I'm not surprised.

cjpottercj

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got my TB from Amazon Wireless. There are problems with activation, and could take Amazon Wireless at least 24 hrs to sort it out with Verizon Wireless. Hopefully, Amazon will make TB activation a priority as there are likely to be a growing number of frustrated users as the day goes on!

julez

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Picked up my TB on the 17th at lunch. 'The Digital Store' in East Peoria, IL. was going to hold mine and my wife's until Saturday.

Installed dropbox, keepass, advanced task killer, swype beta, Speed Test, Trillian, YouMail, Pandora, NetCounter, Nook, google goggles, dictionary.com and of course angry birds.

Have all 4 email addresses I use, 3 of which are google apps and then one is an exchange connector for work. My only beef with it so far is the way it displays folders from my exchange account. For example I have subfolders under my Inbox with mail rules setup on the exchange box that route mail to those folders. I don't see notifications that I have new mail in those folders as any subfolder doesn't seem to get push mail, it only shows up when I open the folder.

Other than that it's awesome and I just want to root it now :)

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, congrats on your TBolt purchases. I got mine in the mail and so far I like it. I am coming from an EVO so while it seems familiar in some areas it also feels shiny and new in others. Not sure if I'm in a bad area but from my experience so far, Sprint's 4G is quite a bit quicker than VZW's. I'm in NYC. Over all I am enjoying the crisper, more responsive?? display and the TBolt feels much more natural in the hand. I did find a few quirks such as weather not displaying on my home screen clock and data dropping very randomly. My capacitive buttons are a bit dim in a few areas when the backlight is on and that's really annoying me. I also have two tiny pin holes with light leaking out just under the back and search keys. No HDMI out kinda stinks, I never once used it on my EVO but it was nice knowing it was there. I don't really like the way the keyboard is skinned. All black and white makes it look a bit dated. I have also spotted another weird issues with text entry, when I try to fill in one field such as my user name here on the forums login page, the device automatically duplicates my input below in the password field. This has happened on various sites so far. That's my 2 cents so far. Best of luck guys. Enjoy.

Bigdaddy1207

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 1600mah battery from seidio and I am very impress with it. I charged it fully 12 hours like thy recommend and so far today took it off the charger at 830 this morning and I am still at 40% battery and I have used 4g tofay, browsed internet some, checked emails, checked Facebook, checked weather few times, looked on eBay. Used it quite a bit and this battery has really held up. I know on my Droid inc I did this same stuff and my battery would have been dead by 5pm.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, congrats on your TBolt purchases. I got mine in the mail and so far I like it. I am coming from an EVO so while it seems familiar in some areas it also feels shiny and new in others. Not sure if I'm in a bad area but from my experience so far, Sprint's 4G is quite a bit quicker than VZW's. I'm in NYC. Over all I am enjoying the crisper, more responsive?? display and the TBolt feels much more natural in the hand. I did find a few quirks such as weather not displaying on my home screen clock and data dropping very randomly. My capacitive buttons are a bit dim in a few areas when the backlight is on and that's really annoying me. I also have two tiny pin holes with light leaking out just under the back and search keys. No HDMI out kinda stinks, I never once used it on my EVO but it was nice knowing it was there. I don't really like the way the keyboard is skinned. All black and white makes it look a bit dated. I have also spotted another weird issues with text entry, when I try to fill in one field such as my user name here on the forums login page, the device automatically duplicates my input below in the password field. This has happened on various sites so far. That's my 2 cents so far. Best of luck guys. Enjoy.

Sprint 4G faster??????????????? I blow all of the EVOs at my job out of the water. Check you phone again.:eek:

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and quite a bit faster at that. Being that your replies so fast, do u have any of the issues I mentioned?[/QUOT

I had the sms issue at first but a battery pull solved that. My co-workers killed my battery today lol. Its not worth it for them to switch to VZW but they were very impressed with the LTE speeds. Hell the ATT&T guy just kept his phone in his pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86