The official "I have my EVO 4G" thread...

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I showed up to my local Sprint store at 7:45 AM for the 8 AM opening and the doors were open with about 60 people already inside. Took me 2.5 hours, but so far it seems worth the wait! Love this thing! Its beautiful!!!

jimd.10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After finding out that Best Buy was only giving out phones to people that preordered, I was forced to call around. I ended up finding a Radio Shack 2 miles from my house. Turns out they had all 4 of the phones that they were given left at 2:30pm. Took them 2 hrs to get it working with all the problems Sprint was having today. When I went back to pick it up at 5, they still had the other three left. Can't believe all the things I've been missing not having a smartphone. So far this phone is unbelievable!! I think come monday, I'll have a buddy at work running out to get one!!

Last edited:

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
GOT MINE!!

Wasn't even supposed to since I'm on the 2nd shipment at BB but luckily the BBM Manager was feeling pretty generous and let me and the missus get ours today.

Good looking out bro. I appreciate.

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I got to Best Buy at about 8:35 for my 9:00 AM apointment. I sat out in the car and drank some coffee. At 8:55 I went up to the door. There were a couple of Geek Squad guys standing outside smoking. One of the guys said that we don't open until 10:00, you will have to come back. I said that I have a 9:00 apointment to buy a phone. He said we don't open till 10:00 AM (and said it a little rudely), you are wrong. I said, no you are wrong, my apoingtment is at 9:00. He said not possible, we don't open til 10:00. I said no, it is at 9:00, just get you manager. He disapeared into to the store. A minute later the mobile manager walks out and says come on it, we are waiting for you....

neon8

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Sucess at bestbuy with one small glitch. Went for my 9 am appt and out in 45 min with Pre changed to my husbands number. Got home and realized they activated to my spouses number on my evo (ergh) and called back and it took them 3 hours to fix due to sprint meltdown. Had to have Both phones off whole time. Well it least it was well charged. Playing since. I luv this phone more than i thought i would. Thanks to all the great people on the forum for tips on all things evo

chrisho

May 14, 2010
www.chrishophotos.com
got my evo! on vacation in vegas and decided to stop by a sprint store at 7:15am and was the 12th person that was allowed in the store and got out in 1hr because the system was lagging

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Got mine at Radioshack this morning. They had some issues activating it, but I was up and running about an hour later. Loving it so far.

yeahthatsme

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hemmed and hawed, checked wirefly and said screw it I need this phone and NOW. Called around the Boston burbs all sold out. Hit a store on the way home from work, scooped the last one. 1.5 hours of pacing around the Shack later I am in gadget love.

Fire up the World Cup on this thing at work and I am deeper in love.

drew0020

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday at 930am, but sadly I am returning it. I love the build quality of the phone and the screen (although when it shows an all white background I feel like there are streaks on the screen), but as a former iPhone user I just do not like the way Android feels. I was so excited for this phone, but unfortunately its just not for me.

Some of my biggest likes:
HTC Sense is amazing
Love the expose home screen feature
Build quality and removable back
4 buttons at the bottom (iPhone needs this)-really makes the phone easier to use
Screen although I feel like the screen needs more resolution bc it is so big

Biggest issues
no itunes integration-tried double twist and its terrible
music player is awful
doesnt work through my car navigation system- my iPhone pulls up on my navigation screen
task manager-hate how I have to manage this
app store is a mess (the apps I use seem to be a lower quality than the iPhone versions) when they existed and most are not written for a higher res screen. Where are ESPN and Kindle?
The web browser seems to be slow to respond at times. It just doesnt feel right.

Now if this was my first touch screen phone I think I would be in love, but Apple has really spoiled me and im not a real tweaker. I think my perfect phone would be the HTC EVO with the Apple O/S. The wait was fun and I hope all of you love your phones!

markEvo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
the SHACK sucked for me. Took over an hour and umm, they just sucked. They got their greaseball hands all over everything and didnt let me do anything. Pretty unhappy about that .

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
task manager-hate how I have to manage this

Some of the rest might be valid, and some are items for discussion, but this one's just silly. You don't have to manage tasks on the iPhone BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MULTITASK! You're trying to turn the biggest weakness of the iPhone into an advantage. :D

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I got one.... I'm coming from a Treo Pro and this is a HUGE change for me... Wish me LUCK! LOL

Man, funny how many Treocentral, Crackberry and Precentral folks are coming on board. I have been away for the past year with that "other" smartphone. :)

Good luck and have fun.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Man, funny how many Treocentral, Crackberry and Precentral folks are coming on board. I have been away for the past year with that "other" smartphone. :)

Good luck and have fun.

Well.... When I saw what direction Windows Mobile was going with Windows Phone 7, I decided I'd give Android a try. Then, I saw the Evo, and I was in love. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59