The S22 Ultra is so... March 2022.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You do realize that every year they always say the Sxx is selling very well, strongest launch, presale orders, etc... ever. Then the next year they always say... they sold less Sxx than previous generation. Just saying.

But the release has come and gone, it's the best Android phone out there... it will get MKBHD award for best at the end of the year.

But an added S-Pen to the S22 is not gonna keep the hype going all year.

The focus goes to the foldables which is really the new tech for Samsung and Samsung's focus right now. It is what it is.

That maybe where Samsungs focus is on foldable .but personally I will never buy one.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Consumer attention spans are short. After years of owning just Motos I'm very happy with my purchase of a S22 Ultra. I'm still learning how to make use of the S-pen, which is fun, but most importantly it does what I need a phone to do - great reception, no lag, good battery life, and a really good camera. I don't really care about whether it's the best selling Galaxy phone ever, but being a phone nerd I too will be reading this forum about the next best phone around the corner. After a year or two I always get the urge to upgrade, unlike my coworker who is rocking a Galaxy S9.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try to hang on to this S22U for a long time. I bought the Asurion insurance for the first time ever. Whitestone Dome installed. I only charge my battery to 85%. Slow charge (unless I need it fast). I never damaged my Note 8 or Note 10+ while using the LED Flip Cover. Got one for this phone too. I only bought them for the screen protection. Don't care for the features. Looks like we'll get updates for about four more years. I would have kept my Note 10+ if it didn't lose the wireless charging and I'd have stayed out of the Verizon Store.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try to hang on to this S22U for a long time. I bought the Asurion insurance for the first time ever. Whitestone Dome installed. I only charge my battery to 85%. Slow charge (unless I need it fast). I never damaged my Note 8 or Note 10+ while using the LED Flip Cover. Got one for this phone too. I only bought them for the screen protection. Don't care for the features. Looks like we'll get updates for about four more years. I would have kept my Note 10+ if it didn't lose the wireless charging and I'd have stayed out of the Verizon Store.

Are you using Accubattery or the option in the phone settings to stop the charge at 85%?
Still using wireless charging for your S22 ultra or only the cable?

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Love it, someone is honest with their experience and you all have to attack his age. Hope I don't get to be a nagger when I get old, old people like to complain. Maybe he likes to keep money in the bank and hates to see it wasted on things he doesn't see as value. It's his opinion. Maybe the OP should complain about the camera not zooming to Mars, that might be of value for a discussion, but then he would be criticized and told it will work great for eyeglasses for a old man. The party is over for him and as others said, it's over for a lot of people, somewhere, someone is lurking for the S23 already.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Love it, someone is honest with their experience and you all have to attack his age. Hope I don't get to be a nagger when I get old, old people like to complain. Maybe he likes to keep money in the bank and hates to see it wasted on things he doesn't see as value. It's his opinion. Maybe the OP should complain about the camera not zooming to Mars, that might be of value for a discussion, but then he would be criticized and told it will work great for eyeglasses for a old man. The party is over for him and as others said, it's over for a lot of people, somewhere, someone is lurking for the S23 already.

There is already a thread about it! 😁

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't being rude at all! I was just excited! And I don't have that kind of power!
Neither was I, just direct, short as I was on the go, and I shouldn't reply that way. Replying short like that can be misinterpreted. Sorry about that if you took it differently, I'm just one that is direct and that gets me in trouble sometimes.

I've been debating about dropping the forums, I'm getting older and a person's thinking changes with age and that thinking collides with the majority of the younger people on the forums. Not to mention maybe I'll stop getting so many phones as I get most my ideas of upgrading on the forms.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Neither was I, just direct, short as I was on the go, and I shouldn't reply that way. Replying short like that can be misinterpreted. Sorry about that if you took it differently, I'm just one that is direct and that gets me in trouble sometimes.

I've been debating about dropping the forums, I'm getting older and a person's thinking changes with age and that thinking collides with the majority of the younger people on the forums. Not to mention maybe I'll stop getting so many phones as I get most my ideas of upgrading on the forms.

Hey, trucks
Does the paid Verizon call filter app show the caller ID name of calls not in your contacts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys88