The Update is Now Available!

david jones

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Problems with update

I'm having problems manually installing the new update. The installation starts okay, but after a few seconds it stops, showing the "fail" icon (! within a triangle). Pressing the power button returns a Clockwork Recovery message that "signature verification failed". Actually, I think the automatic update was also attempted; I later noticed the same "fail" icon on the unattended NC. Got the same "signature verification failed" message. The NC is now on version 1.0.0 (missed the update), but I don't think that is causing the problem. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

bruceatk

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My first guess is that you zip is bad. I just installed it with no problems. Before I put it on my Nook I made sure that I could unzip it without errors. I had to use WinRar. My zip is 190MB. I did an Erase/Deregister reset before doing the update. I upgraded from 1.1.

It still boots my CM7 Gingerbread SD card just fine also.

neoblood3d

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree if you need that. I am not into reading magazines/books from BaN myself. I just use Moon reader for all my books which I convert into EPub format. I totally understand the need for the official BaN app for those that need it. i:)i

Me too, Moon is everything I ever wanted in a reader plus it reads to me in the full version which is great for when my eyes get a little tired and i want to push through to the end of a chapter.

bullitt5094

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Only had my NC two weeks. Actually used it as a reader, believe it or not, but was just about to root it. Just did the upgrade and it works great. Now it remains under full warranty and acts like a tab. Like Christmas early IMHO. Thanks B&N.
With the new OS, now I have to figure out how to use my Blackberry Tour as a modem for it. It's always something...

wimayhem

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems manually installing the new update. The installation starts okay, but after a few seconds it stops, showing the "fail" icon (! within a triangle). Pressing the power button returns a Clockwork Recovery message that "signature verification failed". Actually, I think the automatic update was also attempted; I later noticed the same "fail" icon on the unattended NC. Got the same "signature verification failed" message. The NC is now on version 1.0.0 (missed the update), but I don't think that is causing the problem. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

I am getting this as well multiple downloads all same error message. Any suggestions?
thank you

killab

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was getting the android with an exclamation mark when trying to do the 1.2 update.
nexus_one_android_hard_reset_3.jpg

I found out that you cannot do an update through Clockwork Recovery. I had to remove it and install it with the default NC installer. After that, it updated perfectly. I used this as a guide.

jtpryan

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get an answer to this. Can I just go ahead and apply the update if my Nook is already rooted? If not, what do I need to do?

Thanks,
Jim

brucejklein

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if setting the fota.mode from "auto" to "manual" in the registry actually prevents automatic updates?

I've been booting off the SD card since yesterday to avoid an automatic update on my rooted over clocked nook.

Thanks

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Only had my NC two weeks. Actually used it as a reader, believe it or not, but was just about to root it. Just did the upgrade and it works great. Now it remains under full warranty and acts like a tab. Like Christmas early IMHO. Thanks B&N.
With the new OS, now I have to figure out how to use my Blackberry Tour as a modem for it. It's always something...

Easy fix........Trade in your Tour for an Android phone, root it, and run wireless tether. Blackberries are so yesterday :)

Photobossman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry Storm to HTC Thunderbolt

I finally decided to upgrade my Cell Phone it took a bit of time to decide between Apple and the rest. I decided on the HTC Thunderbolt however I did have some reservations after getting the Thunderbolt things I took for granted with the storm:

1) Able to set different ring tones for each E-mail program (work vs Personal)
2) Able to set different ring tone for each SMS Contact
3) Blackberry was Supported for USbank Mobile Wallet

I am sure there will be others as I learn this new phone a bit more complicated than the Blackberry.

However, The only reason I keep my Blackberry Storm is just in case I loose or Damage my Phone I will have a phone to get me by until I get a replacement. Unfortunately, I am on a leash as many others are these days.

Photobossman: :cool:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
after getting the Thunderbolt things I took for granted with the storm:

1) I do this with the standard Gmail app.

2) I have not looked into this but I am sure it can be done, there are a ton of utilities for notifications and contacts etc...

3) Sorry I am not familiar with that one.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Photobossman: :cool:

1) It has that option
2) Yes, you can assign different ringtone for each of your contacts
3) I have USBank mobile wallet and it's supported on android. (Look for "Mobile Banking" in Google Market)

zombravengadora

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just bought a new nook color and i am just getting informed about "rooting" it. Could someone guide me on how to root my new nook color version 1.2.0?

Also, what is the difference between rooting, froyo, and honeycomb? Thanks in advance.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just bought a new nook color and i am just getting informed about "rooting" it. Could someone guide me on how to root my new nook color version 1.2.0?

Also, what is the difference between rooting, froyo, and honeycomb? Thanks in advance.

How about you read some of the stickies at the top of the forum? ;)

zombravengadora

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I have. I just want to make sure that the same procedure and files need to be used as shown on past posts about the previous version of the nook. Are the same file downloads used for the 1.2.0 version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asfdefsa02