There are so many negative S7 posts, but mine is great.

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have had my S7 for a month now. It handles all my needs and not a single issue. I hope it stays that way as there seems to be so many negative posts. I had samsung years ago and touch wiz is much better than it used to be.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
It's truly an awesome phone. It has pulled me away from the walled garden of Apple after living there for 7 years. I can tolerate Android well with this phone. Samsung hit it out of the park with the S7 and S7E.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have had my S7 for a month now. It handles all my needs and not a single issue. I hope it stays that way as there seems to be so many negative posts. I had samsung years ago and touch wiz is much better than it used to be.

Usually if people are happy there isn't much posting. Most people come here for help, to learn, or to fix an issue :).

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Nothing wrong with my S7 and S7 Edge. Don't take what people post here as the general experience of S7 consumers. Almost 100% of users don't have any problems at all.

Samsung has sold millions of the things.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Usually if people are happy there isn't much posting. Most people come here for help, to learn, or to fix an issue :).

While that's true Almeuit, there's still seems to be a larger amt of complaints (than what I'm used to seeing). I have a few issues as well but some may be "me" and some I beleive will be fixed with future updates and aren't deal breakers (except for no AIR VIEW!)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While that's true Almeuit, there's still seems to be a larger amt of complaints (than what I'm used to seeing). I have a few issues as well but some may be "me" and some I beleive will be fixed with future updates and aren't deal breakers (except for no AIR VIEW!)

It doesn't seem to be more than what I am used to seeing over the past couple of years on a new phone release. Actually .. it has been pretty on-par.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I love the s7- I felt the edge was too fragile... but I've helped sell a lot of these phones and people keep sending their friends in for more. Yeah iphones sell but you'd be amazed at how many iPhone users are making the switch, and now that Samsung jumped on board with the upgrade every year thing even more are flocking in.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
yeah I know a lot of die hard iphone fans and for the first time they're showing interest in switching

Chris Kilts

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
This phone has been amazing one month. After four years of iPhones, this phone has shown me that androids can be smooth and fast too. Keep up the great work Samsung.

nderic77

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I have had my S7 for almost 3 weeks, and also am very happy with the experience. The only very minor annoyance is that the fingerprint sensor rarely detects my thumbprint on the first click (which is strange because my erstwhile Xiaomi Redmi Note 3's sensor was lightyears better at a third of the price).
Cameras on the S7 are amazing; I love the Exynos processor's speed and the 4 GB of RAM. Wireless charging is great; especially with the Samsung charger case. I love having a large chunk of my music collection on an SD card in the phone. I feel much safer with a basically waterproof phone, and the battery life has been good.
Overall, it seems like Samsung took all of the best features of the S5 (waterproofing & SD Card) and all of the best design of the S6, and then improved them.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had my S7 for almost 3 weeks, and also am very happy with the experience. The only very minor annoyance is that the fingerprint sensor rarely detects my thumbprint on the first click (which is strange because my erstwhile Xiaomi Redmi Note 3's sensor was lightyears better at a third of the price).
Cameras on the S7 are amazing; I love the Exynos processor's speed and the 4 GB of RAM. Wireless charging is great; especially with the Samsung charger case. I love having a large chunk of my music collection on an SD card in the phone. I feel much safer with a basically waterproof phone, and the battery life has been good.
Overall, it seems like Samsung took all of the best features of the S5 (waterproofing & SD Card) and all of the best design of the S6, and then improved them.

Go to your Fingerprints and re-train your thumbprint, just delete the old one and do it again. You may have done this already but try to do it at ALL the different positions you may think you could use it while unlocking your phone. I can tell you, since I got the S6 edge, then a S6, then a Note 5 and now the S7 and S7 edge, doing this have accounted for me being able to unlock my phone at the first try in about 90-95% of the times.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a smaller device. Tried the g5, but it wound up not being for me. This is a great device and I have no complaints whatsoever.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
All new technology has teething issues. A lot of it is software related. Some is user related, there are myriad adjustments in these devices, permissions and such, took me a while to know which ones to leave well alone. All in all, I love the S7 best phone ever! 🤓

drinkoldcoke

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Redo your fingerprint and move it around more each press...seems to give it a better thumprint that works on the first try. My first one wasn't as good as the 2nd one because I didn't move my thumb as much the first time.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm jealous you guys got the waterproofing and sdcard back. My S6 works flawlessly, I'm sure the S7 rocks. My S5 took 3 returns until I got a non defective one. I'll wait to see what the S8 brings.

drinkoldcoke

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure even your phone is a little water resistant. There is a guy on You tube that tests an S7 in water against the Iphone 6 and even the Iphone worked underwater for a bit. I think as manufacturing gets more precise it helps keep water out even on regular phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJUxi0ktDzw

Kind of a jerk ruining these poor phones (later videos) !

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine two weeks now, loving every bit of it. I never thought I'd say it, but I really don't miss my Windows Phone at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz