Thin Case for Pixel 4XL

Fisher99

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a case for my new Pixel 4XL that doesn't hinder the new Android "swipe up from the bottom" and "swipe in from the right/left" replacements for the old home and back "buttons". All the cases I have come across so far have a fairly tall edge, designed to protect the screen in the event of a "face down" drop. That's terrific, but makes swiping from bottom/side a pain. The ideal case would have the taller edges at the 4 corners but have the edge even with the screen on the top, bottom, and sides. I've been searching all over online and haven't come up with anything that is fairly thin (I don't want a bulky case) but has this combination of edges on the sides/bottom. Any recommendations are welcomed!

customshopkv1

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
I have a Spigen Liquid Air on my Pixel 4XL right now. I love it. But it does have an outer lip on all 4 edges and the OP said he (or she) was looking for a case with no outer lip in some sides
The outer edge doesn't keep me from being able to use swipe gestures. Maybe it's different on the XL?

Fisher99

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
I have a Spigen Liquid Air on my Pixel 4XL right now. I love it. But it does have an outer lip on all 4 edges and the OP said he (or she) was looking for a case with no outer lip in some sides

Looks like a nice case and a very decent price. Wish it had lower sides on the top/bottom/sides with thicker at the 4 corners. I see your comment that it doesn't affect your swiping from the side/bottom, but I seem to be pretty sensitive to anything sticking up past the edge of the screen.

Fisher99

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Just came across some pics of the Pitaka MagEZ case and it looks pretty slick. The sides look about flush with the screen. The only thing it is lacking is thicker edges at the corners to provide some "face drop" protection.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Just came across some pics of the Pitaka MagEZ case and it looks pretty slick. The sides look about flush with the screen. The only thing it is lacking is thicker edges at the corners to provide some "face drop" protection.
No drop protection with Pitaka or screen lip...but sure feel awesome
4464eb5950e8a98d71b6011a71794f2f.jpg
bebb1270f936ee3d1dd0e6616bfa1ecd.jpg

Fisher99

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Still looking for a case with raised bezel on the 4 corners but not along the edges. I love the new(er) Android gestures for back/home (as opposed to the "buttons") but have difficulty executing them reliably when the phone has a case with a bezel higher than the screen on the sides. I was positive that I would find something. That some case vendor has assessed this problematic situation and started making a case with the raised screen protecting bezel at just the 4 corners, but if someone is doing it, I'm not finding it. Sigh...