Thinking about a S7E as a replacement for my Note 7. Should I?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Really.... Did your receipt have your name on it... All I have is the exchange receipt as well but with no name an stuff
I used the exchange receipt, that's the only thing Verizon gave me.... My name is no where on but that's not what there looking for anyway.... they're looking for the qualifying device and the purchase date...

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I used the exchange receipt, that's the only thing Verizon gave me.... My name is no where on but that's not what there looking for anyway.... they're looking for the qualifying device and the purchase date...

Alright cool thanks... I'll submit mine an see what they say I guess

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright cool thanks... I'll submit mine an see what they say I guess
It will be approved... it's a legitimate purchase... The Note 7 was refunded and the S7edge was purchased... The fact that we're able to do the same refund and purchase again when the new Notes arrive doesn't matter..
We'll more than likely qualify for another Note 7 promo too because the IMEI will be different than our first

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. I'm over the Note 7 at this point. I have the Edge 7 now after returning the Note and I'll just keep it until the S8 comes out.

You're on Tmobile right? I wonder if the stores are running low on stock. So you think the Edge runs smoother too than the Note? I wonder how the Edge compares to the Iphone 7 plus.

I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on the Edge, but again knowing my luck this Fri they will release the Note 7, then I'd have to return the Edge and get charged a restocking fee.

The Note is just too great of a phone. the problem with me is I buy the Edge, then in March the S8 Edge comes out. Then I trade for that, and then in Aug the Note 8 comes out and I need that then too. Right now I'm on my S7 I kept as a backup phone.

All the Best Buys are out of the Defender case for it within 250 miles of me, however Amazon has them back in and 36 bucks!! I hear the screen protector is very brutal on it though.

TheFlyingDave

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from an S7E to the Note 7 for one important reason: memory. The S7E has 32gb, the Note 7 has 64gb. By the time I load up apps and Oculus Gear VR stuff, my S7E was getting very low on free space. The SD card is an incomplete solution - many apps can't be moved off primary storage.

I find the Note 7 and S7E to be nearly identical in terms of use and convenience. There are a few niceties on the Note 7 but nothing I can't live without (except the extra memory.)

TMo is shipping me a loaner S7E until the new Note 7's become available at which point I'll swap (again). I'm getting to be an expert at migrating my apps, settings, and data from one device to the other ;)

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an S7E to the Note 7 for one important reason: memory. The S7E has 32gb, the Note 7 has 64gb. By the time I load up apps and Oculus Gear VR stuff, my S7E was getting very low on free space. The SD card is an incomplete solution - many apps can't be moved off primary storage.

I find the Note 7 and S7E to be nearly identical in terms of use and convenience. There are a few niceties on the Note 7 but nothing I can't live without (except the extra memory.)

TMo is shipping me a loaner S7E until the new Note 7's become available at which point I'll swap (again). I'm getting to be an expert at migrating my apps, settings, and data from one device to the other ;)
That's my main justification for upgrading as well. The VR stuff can't be transferred to the SD card and I need 64gb of space.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
That's my main justification for upgrading as well. The VR stuff can't be transferred to the SD card and I need 64gb of space.
Serious questions: why is the battery life on the s7e so much better than the n7. It's note even close. Battery is epic. Also zero lag compared to n7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Serious questions: why is the battery life on the s7e so much better than the n7. It's note even close. Battery is epic. Also zero lag compared to n7.

Note has Spen if you use it a lot, bigger screen as well. I agree about the lag after using the S7 edge more now. The Note 5 defiantly has lag to it. Nowhere near as smooth as my S7 or S7 Edge I'm on now.

Note 7 is still a very beefy device though. It's too bad this years version is now tainted, and need to focus on the S8 Edge and Note 8. About the lag, and QC I think they tried rushing it so fast even though last year it came out at the same time. I think they tried adding more features to it this time and make it beefier.

If it means the Note 8 coming out later in Sept or Oct next year so be it then if it means better QC.

If I was a Note 7 user I'd be worried Samsung doesn't bother updating it much since sales will be in the tank now.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So I just returned my Note 7 tonight and I'm back to my S7E so we'll see how it goes but I honestly got way better battery out of my Note 7 than my S7 edge. It pretty much lasted all day whereas I was charging my edge by the middle of the day. It was part of the reason I held onto my Note for so long. I factory reset the edge so we'll see if I have the same experience as you. I loved the new battery saving mode on the Note.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
A coworker has an S7E and it looks very much like my Note 7, But I notice a lot of lag on my Note 7 and was wondering if the S7 is plagued with lag also? Sometimes when I'm in an app and press the home button it can take 10 seconds to return to the home screen. Ugh.

I'm not a huge stylus person so I won't miss the stylus much.

Also, here are some of the features I like about the Note 7 and was wondering if the S7E has any of them...

• Wireless charging is a must.
    Little or no lag.
    I like the "always on" display. Does the S7E have that?
    Waterproof. Nice to have but not a deal breaker.

Sounds like you need to wipe your note ( well you'll get a replacement so might as well wait) I never had any real lag, a couple hiccups here and there but mostly smooth sailing. However I've had a s7 edge for 2 days and I must say it so far runs slightly smoother (more fluid and quick) then my note 7 did. I'm on the fence about going back to the Note 7. Both devices are excellent.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Those differences don't explain it. I never use spen. Bigger screen can't matter that much. When is say it's not close I'm not kidding. I'm crushing my s7 all day with room to spare at night. The n7 after two weeks was bad. Most days down to zero before bed. Something is very wrong with the software implementation. The lag is real as well but I could live with that I suppose. I love the next best thing but something tells me I should be smart and skip the n7 the second time around. I probably won't though.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Those differences don't explain it. I never use spen. Bigger screen can't matter that much. When is say it's not close I'm not kidding. I'm crushing my s7 all day with room to spare at night. The n7 after two weeks was bad. Most days down to zero before bed. Something is very wrong with the software implementation. The lag is real as well but I could live with that I suppose. I love the next best thing but something tells me I should be smart and skip the n7 the second time around. I probably won't though.

Just wait in a month or so when it goes on sale if Samsung slashes $100 or more off the price with Christmas coming up and with Iphone out. People's heads are going to explode on the Note 7 forum who did the even exchange swap for a new Note 7 and new buyers get it for $$$$ cheaper. Gonna be a lot of angry people lol.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So I just returned my Note 7 tonight and I'm back to my S7E so we'll see how it goes but I honestly got way better battery out of my Note 7 than my S7 edge. It pretty much lasted all day whereas I was charging my edge by the middle of the day. It was part of the reason I held onto my Note for so long. I factory reset the edge so we'll see if I have the same experience as you. I loved the new battery saving mode on the Note.

For most people its the other way round...my S7 edge battery last nearly 2 days with 6 hrs Sot...thou i have exynos version...
One of the best phones i ever used

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Exynos 8890 version here in Canada. Getting anywhere from 6-7 hrs every single charge. Would maybe get 4-4.5 hrs max on my Note 7. Same usage pattern

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I actually had an opposite experience. Week 1 I was getting around 4hrs 30min sot and a little lag here and there but by week 2 my note 7 was getting almost 6hrs sot and very rarely got lag. Nevertheless this s7 edge i have now is also amazing. 0 lag and over 5hrs sot week 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d