Thinking of going back to iPhone...

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
I bought the S23 ultra after always having iPhone. Unfortunately I think I am going to have to sell it as I have been having problems that are causing me to despair. Main problem is that it keeps losing the WiFi connection. I still have my 14Pro and no such problems with that device.
Other smaller irritations are its not as easy and smooth to move the cursor where I want it, autocorrect nowhere near as good and others.
I have loved the customisation, the ease at getting music, films etc on the S23 ultra - I never could get iTunes to work with the iPhone.
I've not made the final decision to sell it but am pretty close. Disappointing

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a Wi-Fi 6 router? Some S23 users have reported if they are using Wi-Fi 6 their device constantly switches to mobile data even if they have a good Wi-Fi connection and it works fine on other devices.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an asus mesh router at home with no issues staying connected but it isn't the new wifi 6. For the cursor, did you know if you hold the space bar down it'll allow you to use the whole keyboard area to move the cursor, just like apple. Hopefully you can get the small things corrected.

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
Do you have a Wi-Fi 6 router? Some S23 users have reported if they are using Wi-Fi 6 their device constantly switches to mobile data even if they have a good Wi-Fi connection and it works fine on other devices.
Hi. I went into the router settings this morning as I had read about that. I couldn't see anything about that but it is about three years old so probably not. Although I have it set to switch to mobile data if wifi drops it never does.

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
I have an asus mesh router at home with no issues staying connected but it isn't the new wifi 6. For the cursor, did you know if you hold the space bar down it'll allow you to use the whole keyboard area to move the cursor, just like apple. Hopefully you can get the small things corrected.
Hi. Yes I know about holding down the space bar but I still find it difficult to place the cursor where I want it. To be fair it might be the screen protector making it difficult.

Reactions: mach1man

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I bought the S23 ultra after always having iPhone. Unfortunately I think I am going to have to sell it as I have been having problems that are causing me to despair. Main problem is that it keeps losing the WiFi connection. I still have my 14Pro and no such problems with that device.
Other smaller irritations are its not as easy and smooth to move the cursor where I want it, autocorrect nowhere near as good and others.
I have loved the customisation, the ease at getting music, films etc on the S23 ultra - I never could get iTunes to work with the iPhone.
I've not made the final decision to sell it but am pretty close. Disappointing
I have 2 ASUS GT-AX6000 router connected together in AiMesh mode and not once did I have a disconnection and getting great speeds. I think its your old router that's the culprit. The positives you mentioned far outweigh this small bug which can be fixed by upgrading your old router.

I remember I have to take an online course every time I want to sync my music with iTunes because the method keeps changing with every iOS update.
Furthermore, I hate how Apple just dumps all imported photos into one folder ignoring the folder hierarchy you had on your PC so its so difficult to locate a particular photo unless you want to do double work creating albums on your phone from scratch and good luck knowing which photo belongs to what album.

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
The router was supplied by Shell Broadband when I took out the broadband with them. It works perfectly well with my Tab S8, iPhone and Macbook Pro. I'm just respectfully wondering why a new router would help? Thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with the router provided by my ISP Spectrum, so I purchased my own TP Link router. I've had no issues with it at all, plus it's paid for itself since I'm not paying $5/month to rent a router that provides far fewer features.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Yes I know about holding down the space bar but I still find it difficult to place the cursor where I want it. To be fair it might be the screen protector making it difficult.
Also on android you can just select where you want the cursor and it generally just goes there. Unlike iphone which just puts the cursor where ever it decides or it just highlights the word.

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
I had issues with the router provided by my ISP Spectrum, so I purchased my own TP Link router. I've had no issues with it at all, plus it's paid for itself since I'm not paying $5/month to rent a router that provides far fewer features.
Why would it only affect the s23 and not my other devices?

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
Also on android you can just select where you want the cursor and it generally just goes there. Unlike iphone which just puts the cursor where ever it decides or it just highlights the word.
I do think my screen protector doesn't help as I do feel my finger kind of rubbing on the screen as I try to move the cursor

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I do think my screen protector doesn't help as I do feel my finger kind of rubbing on the screen as I try to move the cursor
I am not talking about dragging the cursor around, but simply tapping where you want it to go. If I want the cursor to be in the middle of the word button, I would just tap between the t's and the cursor would appear there. This works 90% of the time for myself and the other times the cursor is just a letter or 2 off.

Utilize that Spen as well, I have been focusing more on incorporating it into my daily usage. It really dials in the utility of the ultra.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

DavidLBuzzard

Apr 10, 2023
Visit site
I am not talking about dragging the cursor around, but simply tapping where you want it to go. If I want the cursor to be in the middle of the word button, I would just tap between the t's and the cursor would appear there. This works 90% of the time for myself and the other times the cursor is just a letter or 2 off.

Utilize that Spen as well, I have been focusing more on incorporating it into my daily usage. It really dials in the utility of the ultra.
Probably just me but I never get the right place in a word!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe