Thinking of Upgrading For Battery Life or Storage Capacity? Read This First!

mlyon83

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I do not work for this company, but I was getting fed up with the HTC One not having a large enough battery and itching to upgrade in the next few months because of it, but I eventually came across these guys:

iAnker

Right now I'm debating on getting one of the three (or two of the three) for my HTC One:

Astro Mini - 300mAh external battery: Anker Astro Mini 3000mAh External Battery (Black)
Astro Slim - 3200mAh external battery: Anker Astro Slim 3200mAh External Battery (Black)
Astro E5 - 15000mAh external battery: Anker Astro E5 15000mAh External Battery (Black)

I'm leaning toward getting an Astro Mini and an E5, so I can carry the Mini with me when just planning to have a day or night out in New York City, and carrying the E5 on me for school days, work days, etc. (longer days when I know I won't be home for at least 10-12 hours). However, the Slim has an advantage that it comes with a built-in charging cord, so I wouldn't need to take a long micro-USB charger with me (the one I use to charge up at home). But at the same time, if I buy the Mini and do take the micro-USB charging cord, I can clip my HTC one into my Otterbox Defender on my belt buckle/pants, and while keeping the Mini in my pocket, have the charging cord hang from the end of my HTC One into my pocket while walking, etc. So I can't exactly decide as of yet.

Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. FINALLY, I found a solution where I won't need to upgrade to something like a Butterfly S for better battery life. I really do love my HTC One!!!!

P.P.S. To address storage limitations on my Sprint 32GB Black model (I don't think Sprint offers 64GB), I'm considering using Cloud technology to download files from while on the go using 4G/LTE. That way I can listen to my seminars, music and so-forth and when I don't have enough space to watch and listen to other files, I can simply delete them from my phone and download what I want. (Tell me what you think about this as well.)

Buffster5505

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi mlyon83

Don't think that model will support AC charging ( 1a ). USB charging is only .5a which is longer to charge. If this matters to you then you might want to try what I bought.

Satechi 10000 mAh Portable Energy Station Extended Battery Charger Pack for iPhone 4S, 4 & 3GS, iPad 1,2 & 3, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Tab 2, Tab 10.1, Blackberry Playbook, HTC One, Flyer

10000 mah so I get about 4 charges into my HTC ONE and AC charging as well for faster charge rate.
Ideal for navigation etc.
Read my review in the review section on the site ( Buffster )

The final choice is yours.

Buffster5505

mlyon83

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi mlyon83

Don't think that model will support AC charging ( 1a ). USB charging is only .5a which is longer to charge. If this matters to you then you might want to try what I bought.

Satechi 10000 mAh Portable Energy Station Extended Battery Charger Pack for iPhone 4S, 4 & 3GS, iPad 1,2 & 3, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Tab 2, Tab 10.1, Blackberry Playbook, HTC One, Flyer

10000 mah so I get about 4 charges into my HTC ONE and AC charging as well for faster charge rate.
Ideal for navigation etc.
Read my review in the review section on the site ( Buffster )

The final choice is yours.

Buffster5505

I'm liking Magento Commerce.

Do you know if the OUTPUT on this model is 2A? It just says 2A is general, so I'm assuming that's input AND output.

Buffster5505

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi mlyon83

I don't really know about the other models. But the Satechi 10000 has a dual USB output ... 1a and 2a

The HTC ONE has a maximum 1a when in AC mode and .5a when in USB mode. The HTC ONE sees the Satechi as AC mode so you get the full 1a. The 2a output is for iPhone iPad etc. It won't give you anything extra on HTC ONE.

Hope this helps and goodluck on your quest for the right external charger.

Buffster5505

Buffster5505

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Adamsberg

If I use the cable that came with phone ... the phone sees the Satechi 10000 as USB mode. If I use the cable that came with the Satechi 10000 ... the phone sees the Satechi as AC mode and the phone gets the full 1a. Battery Monitor Widget shows the phone getting in the high 900s and then slowly goes into the 800s and 700s as the charging progresses. After about 80% the phone starts to charge at about 600s then at 500s in the early 90% stage untill finally at 99% it charges 150s and slowly drops till full charge. The last percentage as you know on the HTC One takes about a half hour. All in all very good results I would say.

This is what I use to get a very decent days usage from the HTC One.

Battery Monitor Widget Pro
To monitor the battery and get vital stats

Wakelock Detector
To get rid of ( uninstall or disable or at least control ) apps that are sucking the life out of the battery.

BatteryGuru
To do whatever it does using some personal settings and not just what it recommends.

And there you have it ...

Buffster5505

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo